The other morning during the children’s devotional time, Papa read to them out of Genesis 45:1-8. It is the story of Joseph that we are all familiar with. The last verse was emphasized…”It was God who sent me here, not you!” (This was Joseph speaking to his brothers). Papa told the children, It was not your parent’s abandonment that sent you here…it was God. It is not your brothers or sisters that sent you here, it was God. It is not DIF (Mexico’s child protective service) that sent you here…it was God. God has placed you here for a purpose…” The children were told that God has a special plan and purpose for each one of them. In their young eyes, I’m sure they can’t see this very clearly. At that age I didn’t either. When I was three days old, I was adopted into a very loving family and my parents raised me to love Jesus. Ever since I can remember, my parents would share with me about my adoption…and how special I was. They would tell me that God gave me to them…He placed me in their home. Although this was true…deep down inside there was a feeling of rejection…wondering why my birthmother didn’t want me. It wasn’t until I was older that I fully realized that this was all a part of God’s awesome plan. He sent me there…not my blood mother. A very special woman gave me life and another loving couple taught me about the giver of life. God’s perfect plan is the reason that I am here today with these children, loving on them and helping with adoptions. I am praying that I can be a living testimony to these children. God places each one of us in circumstances that we might not understand…and that’s OK. We just need to accept this as part of God’s huge plan for our lives and trust Him. Can I trust Him? YES! Will I trust Him? YES!!! Please help me pray for these kids as they learn to simply trust Jesus for the plan He has for their lives. I feel their hurt…but I also know the peace and joy they can have once they realize Who sent them here.
Papa also spoke on the truth that dreams without discipline equals fantasy. He has encouraged us to all dream the dreams that God has for us and then discipline ourselves to make those dreams a reality. What a good reminder for all of us!!!
We have had several day of rain and milder weather. Thank you, Jesus!!!
4 comments:
yay for better weather! i'm so glad to hear it. i think of the kids everytime i want to complain about being cold at home. i do hope and pray that they will believe the truth that the lord really does have a plan for them, but that it's only in christ that they will be able to experience the joy and peace. still trying to faithfully pray for you and gary; can't wait to see you all. thank you so much for serving god by loving these kids and wanting good things for them. and tell brenda and nohema i'd run over and help them with the paperwork if i could! love you all. (jaqueline still looks sick with her red cheeks. i don't think that girl is ever going to get better.)
i look at this nearly every day. :) Bummer, I don't have the variety of smiley faces that you do.
We've made some tentative plans for our trip down south... I think Vito may be coming along. Don't tell the kids yet, but you may be our communication link with Lily. Expect an email from one of us soon.
Thanks for the update and the pictures. Love it all. It's fun to see their fair growing and all the little changes at the house. Can't wait to see them again in reality.
That was supposed to say "hair growing" not "fair growing". I really should start proof-reading.
Linda,
Thanks for doing the blog and posting pictures. We view it every week!
If the girl in the brown ski jacket is available, please let us know.
Jay & Traci Yoder
Post a Comment