Monday, January 14, 2008

Only a few more hurdles...


Since our recent tour of the beautiful USA, we have completely unpacked our trailer, sorted everything into piles. We have a pile in our shop office of 'smaller things' that needs to get to the orphanage. There is also a pile of larger stuff, like a dorm size refrig, stereo, teapot, etc. (If anyone is heading down there, please stop by to see what you can bring. All of the items are for the sweet people at the orphanage.) Also, we had a pile of things we needed/wanted to bring in our trailer and we tried to pack it all into our suitcases...and it didn't fit. We were overweight (this time I'm talking about the luggage). :) So, after talking with the airlines this morning, we learned that there is a luggage embargo which means we can't pay to bring extra luggage or be over 50 lbs with our suitcases. What did that really mean? Completely going through our suitcases again and sorting down to the bare bones...and I already thought we were! So, we are now 'officially packed'. This afternoon we have emptied out our trailer of things that can't freeze (canned goods and cleaning supplies) and spent time in the office taking care of more last-minute details. Tomorrow we will empty out our freezer and refrigerator and then clean and 'winterize' the trailer. Maybe this explains why our tongues are hanging out!!! (It sure seems it would have been easier to drive across the border to the orphanage...but our loving Father knows best.)

Why did I say all this? We need prayer for strength. Tomorrow we will be flying out at 5:15 p.m. and we are on empty. All of the recent disappointments, regrouping and repacking has taken away our breath. We both agree that today has been the most difficult. We serve a BIG God and we are trusting His Word to renew our strength.

Soon we will be enjoying those beautiful Lily children







and the awesome sunsets...





and we want to make each moment count...for HIM! Thanks for teaming up with us and praying us through!

Be sure to two-way us and keep in touch!!! Love ya, S.H. !


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY...I love that picture. hahahaha. I will use it to my benefit.

Gary and Linda Beggs said...

Chandra...thought you might like it. I know your sis is too busy to check the blog...so thought it might be safe. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh don't worry...I sent her the link! Love you guys. Have a GREAT trip!