Here are some pictures as we were heading home. Most were taken from the truck (which explains the crooked and blurred shot)...some obviously from a rest area. The 4th picture down is a cotton field with a big bundle of cotton ready to be picked up. We saw hundreds of these bundles. We were amazed at all the wind turbines in the flatland of Texas west of Abilene. Also, the courthouses are so cool. The one wierd house towards the top was a historical landmark...sorta neat.
Tonight we write you from Oklahoma City. We have passed alot of amazing scenery and can't help but thank Jesus for His beautiful creation. What a land we live in. The rules are constant, you can feel free to travel borders of states without fear and you just plain old... feel safe. This is NOT how it is in Mexico. Again we thank our service men and women who fight to keep it this way for us!
We have broken many records. For one, we must have broken the world record for how many ladybugs can be inside the cab of a semi truck. Apparently our coolor had tons of them packed in it (it's an electric one with an outside vent for the fan...and they found the opening while it was stored outside on our porch this fall. Well, thousands have emerged from that cooler and have been crawlin' and flying around us the whole trip. We have happily launched someof them in every state we have visited. The real embarrassing thing is when you walk into a gas station with them crawling on your neck or face...Gary has even had some fall off the brim of his hat as he was standing in line to pay for fuel!!!
The next record that was broke is...I think I am the only female who travels around in a semi truck and wears pink...and doesn't have multiple tattoos or piercings. For that I am proud.
There were a few more records broken...but out of embrassment I probably better not mention them.
Along this journey there have been many God sightings. At times the fog was so thick we couldn't spot Him, but we know He was there. Other times He was easy to spot...in plain sight. I have learned to live more by faith than sight...to be silent and wait. Although I was hoping to embrace the children in my arms by now, I have instead embraced a Savior who has refined me so I can be more like Him. May the children see more of Jesus when they finally look into my eyes.
Until then...we have many more miles, and must I admit...munchies... before we arrive in Mexico. Our faith and our rear-end width have both increased. Good thing we will be reduced to beans and rice once we arrive at the orphanage...and we'll have 125+ children to run after! Smiles to you, our precious friends! We love you. Thanks for patiently taking the journey with us.
P.S. Please pray for us to get some type of internet service down there so we can fill this with pictures of children...like you have been patiently waiting for.
2 comments:
About those rice and beans... make sure you take some Benefiber or Metamucil or something. Anything. This is coming from some Kentucky girls that know too well the dangers of life without vegetables. Oh, and I'm not telling you which one of us is talking. :)
I had to laugh when I read your note about the munchies...that is one thing I remember from that fun road trip we took together out to BBC- we didn't lack snacks! : ) Praying for you.
Post a Comment