Saturday, January 19, 2008

































I am learning that the internet in Mexico is one of the biggest things that tests my patience. After the last disappointment at the blog, I have spent some time on my computer trying to choose pictures, shrink them and copy them on a CD to get to the internet cafe. Sure is easier the other way. Looks like all that work might pay off. We are still trying to find someone who knows of an aircard for internet service down here. It is advertised...but no one knows about it. The upside to all of this struggle, is that I am getting to know the people at both internet cafe´s well. They are very friendly. I try really hard not to appear stressed out when it takes 1 or 2 minutes for my account to load up. Even getting to my yahoo email takes forever. Americans are truly spoiled people.

Today I am able to send lots of pictures...so I´m going to keep uploading as long as it will let me. Yippee!!!

A personal heartbreak has been learning that one of the girls that asked me to find her a mom and dad has run away from here. She was 18 and I told her that she was too old for me to find a family for her through adoption. Maybe I can find her to tell her that there are people in the states that want her to stay with them so she can attend college. When I saw that hopeless look in her eyes...it broke my heart...and now I can´t tell her of the hope of a home.

The children have been so special. I am amazed each time I see the older ones tenderly care for the younger children.

Right now my biggest ministry is to touch the children and love on them. They are starved to have that kiss and hug...or even an arm on their shoulder. I want to be a mama to each one of them. Again I plead for godly men and women to step out of their comfort zone and give these children a forever home.

I have people waiting for me...so I need to go. Keep praying. oops...all the pictures didn´t make it...will try for more later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I definatly robbed some of these pictures. I cannot believe how big Andrea looks!! She is growing up ~sniff sniff~ It was so good to hear Brisa and Cielo's voice the other day. Keep those phone calls coming. We are praying for you guys and we are praying specifically for Carlos at DIF. I will be anxious to hear on Friday. We know the Lord has a plan for us all. Love and miss ya!