Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Song of Encouragement

Tomorrow we head towards Michigan to park our truck and trailer so we can fly down to Mexico on Tuesday afternoon. The extra cost is not just our money, but our broken hearts. We will be saying goodbye to some good traveling partners..Buddy and Gracie. They have been a special part of our family.

We are pressing on towards the orphanage to try to make a difference in the lives of some very special children. As long as they keep dreaming of a forever mommy and daddy, we will keep trying to go and make a difference.

We are watching Facing the Giants now on DVD. If you haven't seen the movie, I ask that you watch it soon....and many times after that! It is very uplifting...and we need that right now.

Here is the theme song:

Oh what I would do to have,
The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant,
With just a sling and a stone.
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors,
Shaking in their armor,
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand.

But the giant's calling out my name and he laughs at me.
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed.
The giant keeps on telling me
Time and time again, boy (girl!) you'll never win,
You'll never win!

But the voice of truth tells me a different story,
The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid."
The voice of truth says, "This is for my glory."
Out of all the voices calling out to me,
I will choose to listen and obey the voice of truth.


Like in this movie, Gary and I have been driven to our knees with "WHYS?" But it is there that we realize that the Lord is our hope and our strength..our shield and our stronghold. God has made us so small and weak so that He can show us how strong He is. We have done our best to prepare for the rain...now we're just waiting for it to fall. If we win, we praise Him, if we lose, we praise Him. We've got to give Him our very best, our very best, our very best. God wants our best...we can't quit. Mary Ellen and Lauren...you've got to watch this movie...promise me! Lauren...the coach's wife reminds me of you. (Have you done some acting on the side???) :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen the movie a hundred times and it still humbles me. After watching it I realize that in all the trials and tribulations in life we still must praise Him. Isaac sings the "Voice of Truth" often and I pray that he...and my other children realize it's truths. You guys are such a an example of faithfulness. We will continue to pray for safety as you travel and comfort and peace about having to leave your babies for a while. I can think of about 130 other babies that will be so happy that you are coming though.

Lauren Taylor said...

acting on the side...haha...that's funny. i can't keep a straight face to save my life.

Merm's blog said...

We'll watch it soon... right, Lauren?
Linda, do I need to remind you how cheap (and poor!) the two of us are?! Renting a movie requires nearly $5. Oh my.
Thanks for all the blog shout-outs. Makes me feel special. :)

Last thing: does anyone else think it's strange that we have to enter a secret code to comment on here? Just me?

JM said...

Gary and Linda,
I got your email about what happened at the border. I just wanted to share a story to encourage you. When I was in Macau my second year I got kicked out of the country through no fault of my own but miscommunication and new laws in the INS dept. I had to stay in Hong Kong for 5 weeks. It was a really trying time. I knew the things I wanted to do in that country were good but the govt. didn't want to give me a break. I really thought I might have to return to the US. During that time though God reminded me that my walk with Him was about more than a certain "mission" but becoming like Him. Praise God I got to return after 5 weeks; it was after that time of testing that it seemed Satan's stronghold was broken; I began to see alot of students saved, etc... I'm trusting that God has great things for you in this also. Praying for you both. Jen Moul