Sunday, January 6, 2008

Pictures of our journey








It all began with a beautiful send-off at our church in Hart, Michigan. We stopped in Louisville to see the cream of the crop from Kentucky....Lauren and Mary Ellen and Mary Ellen's family (You'll see their video I shot for the kids at Lily). We had a nice but short visit with them as it was near 10 p.m. and we needed to get on the road early in the morning. The next day we headed down to Greenville, Tennessee to see my bloodmother. She has cancer and is very frail. We met her at a restaurant and had a nice visit while Gary bunked out in the truck to get a much needed hour of sleep. I had a precious time to thank her again for her selfless gift she gave me when I was born. She knew she couldn't care for me so she gave me up for adoption and wanted me in a Christian home. Isn't that awesome? My godly parents raised me with tons of love and taught me about Jesus. Now Jesus is letting me have an impact in other children's lives by finding godly homes for them. What an awesome God!!! From Tennessee we headed straight west. As you can see, the scenery was beautiful. In Dallas/Arlington area, we met up with Barb Hernandez and Fred's sister and her husband at a local restaurant. (Fred's sister is really nice...how did she get a brother like Fred????? :) I will never forget...I had a southwestern burger and onion rings. They were awesome, but I got to taste them all night. Why did I do that?!!! From there we headed towards the Mexico border. As you already know...that is where we met the giants...but the Lord willing...we're heading back!!!! Southwest Texas is a very beautiful area. The people are very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Oh yeah...our dogs. They made the trip with no problems. Buddy was on the back bench seat with his seatbelt harness on and Gracie went wherever she wanted to go...mainly on my lap and then back with Buddy. They love to play with eachother.

We live in a beautiful country and were reminded how thankful we are for the freedom we enjoy. We salute our military who fight for this freedom!

2 comments:

Merm's blog said...

did Gary pick the pink background? Prolly. :)

We are loving the blog already.

For videos and such, try youtube.com. It proved to work the best for Lauren and I as long as they weren't more than a minute or so.
Peace,
Mary Ellen

Anonymous said...

yea! a new Lily blog. I've about worn out Merm and Lauren's by looking over the pictures again and again. ;)

We're praying here and look forward to hearing what God has done.