Everyone is enjoying the blessing!
I am in heaven!
We even have watermelon juice! Yummmm!
Ramon is anxious for tio Gary to come!
Alex and his beautiful daughter!
We bought some mops from this vender today.
Belem! My partner!
Cattle and horses grazing happens often.
Shaggy always wants inside. Poor guy!
Adilene, Tia Lydia, Me, Jackie and Andrea
Melissa...a new girl
Lorena
Sisters! Tia's Selsa and Mica
Laundry out drying in the breeze!
Gary...these soles need heeled!
Andrea and Esayla
Felipe and Sergio
Rosaleo
Jovana
Fancy tile spacers!
Esayla
Nancy doing homework
Oops! These guys got in trouble by Nohema!
Manuel
Gabby
Sara
Sweet Ana
Armondo
Manuel
Anastacio
Tonito and Juan...Bros!
Tonito
Ramon
Adorable Luis!
Rene
Eliseo
Juan
Ramon
Tonito
Luis
A page from Jazmines school book. Mark and Jean...you should be proud of her penciled in note!
Briza and Nohema
Angels amongst angels.
The blessing!
A small group pic of the assembly line.
The assembly line in action! We only had 3 dropped watermelons...which were used for juice at dinner.
The angels!
Our answer to prayer!!!
Some of the little boy's feet look terrible. Any idea on how to care for them? Looks like it could be a fungus thing going on???
Samuel replacing ceramic tile.
A view from my truck cab! Angel and Jovan!
Julian and Jackie playing!
3 of the 5 Riley kids!
Dress up! They have so much fun with these donated clothes!
There are a few tarantulas out still. Yikes!
The bean sorters! A very important job down here!!!
You should hear his deep cry! Oh my!!!
A grandma's touch!
A beautiful Maria Elena
Angel and Jazmine...posing for Mark and Jean!
A hitch-hiker going to Chihuahua with us!
Waiting for their ride to school!
Jazmine taking notes...
Maggy, Aleandria, Lluvia, Ana and Sara
Briseyda
Marcos!
Juan Diego
Briza...one hot chica!
You guessed it! Scrambled eggs with tuna....
I don't really know where to begin! So many good things have happened. Remember how we were praying for fruit and vegetables for the children? Well...God heard our prayers with a truck full of watermelons. Isn't that just like God? I was outside with the children taking pics and suddenly this Dodge truck appeared with 3 Mennonites. I asked them if they were selling melons (because I was desperate enough to buy some) and they told me the truck load was for us...FREE! I think they could see my excitement because they started laughing. I had faith to believe God would answer with something....but not a truck filled to the brim! And...to make it even more fantastic is the fact that watermelons are my FAVORITE. Right, Gary??? (I can see him shaking his head right now!) The kids and I are in heaven right now. Watermelon and watermelon juice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Oh God...may this teach me that Your ways are above and beyond what we can even fathom! I am determined to ask for watermelon faith!
Today I went to DIF. It was a very discouraging beginning because Alex has tried many times to get some type of answers or feed-back. For some reason, today was the day that the Lord chose to bless us with a meeting with Naria (the head at DIF). Although Amy (the adoption representative) delayed her visit for 1 1/2 weeks we were still given a lot of time (divine appointments) with those that we needed to see. When we first walked in, the person who we wanted to talk with about the Riley adoption was walking past us so we grabbed him for an update. It looks as though the final posting will be completed in 8 days...and then it is off to the judge. Earlier, we were led to believe that it would be several more weeks, but today the news was very encouraging for their case. We also received word that the twins and Andrea's case is ready for the courts. The parental rights have been terminated, and as of today...they have 'orphan-status'. The Fessendens are rejoicing! They have their adoption paperwork at DIF for the girls, so the process will be in the courts soon. The best news, I think, is that DIF is actively pursuing 'orphan-status' for all the children in Chihuahua who don't have families. Some of the cases will be finished soon. I wouldn't be surprised if we will be flooded with children who need homes within the next 3-4 months. I'm having to remind myself about watermelon faith. :)
We've been without water in the girls dorm for about 20 hours again and it's OK. When there is water...you wash and flush...when there is no water...you don't. Life is pretty simple down here. If there is work to be done, you do it. If there is a tear, you kiss away the hurt. If someone needs something, you give what you have. If things are difficult, you thank the Lord for the easier times and ask for grace. If you have a need...you pray. I honestly believe that the Lord allows me to come here often because He has a lot of work to do in my heart. As I stated on an earlier post, I have been desiring more of God in my life. This morning I made it the cry of my heart to see more of His glory. After the watermelons last evening and visiting DIF today, I was in awe of His presence once again.
I'd like to bring another request to you. These new little boys that I have posted earlier about have become my 'best-friends'. They have now revealed what their motive is. Somehow the word has gotten out to them that I have something to do with adoptions. Only, they think that I am looking for boys to adopt. I am crying as I am writing this because I had to explain to them that I try to get the paperwork ready for adoptions and then if God wants them to be adopted He will find families for them. (They honestly were hoping that I would 'choose' them to be my sons. It's probably a good thing we are living in a 5th wheel trailer now...because I'd be begging Gary to put an addition on!) Their big brown eyes were
huge as I was explaining things to them, and then there was that sudden look down, the look of rejection. I loved on them and told them in my heart they would always be my boys, but that was not enough. Please help me pray that God's will would be done for each child down here. They are all dreaming of a forever home with their own mommy and daddy. For some it will happen here on this earth...for others...in heaven. Jesus, help me to trust You!
P.S. I learned today that the big cat was probably not a zoo escapee. I was told the big cats come down from the mountains when they get hungry. eeeek!
3 comments:
Linda, I think Ramon is saying, no not Gary, I want Royer. OK, maybe not. In any case, thanks again for all the good news and pics. God is faithful and gives us far more than we ask or expect. Keep up the good work. Give my love to Lorena and the rest of the kids,please.
Hey everyone, finally at a computer to say hi! Linda, thank you for the updates of the TC team. Praise God for their safe arrival. praying that the flu is ending and restoring of health is taking place. Great to here that the work needed is getting done so quickly. God Rocks!!!!! Praying for continued strength and that God is using the hands and feet of all of you there. The pictures are great and yes Dan and Cody are cute!!! Send everyone Gods Love and strength and health!! Tammy Stricker
Post a Comment