I am hoping these pics will speak for themselves! Sorry that I do not have the time to explain things. I just want to add that the pics of the team covering their noses was from dust and not Stacey or Todd (this time).
Wednesday while the guys were working on the building, the rest of us drove to the market to buy basic food supplies for the single mothers in Pastor Saulo's church. This was a joy to do and a blessing as well. Pastor Saulo shared with us that 2 of the ladies from his church who received care packages last June had very similar stories. Both of these gals went through very rough financial times and all they had to feed their children was the food brought to them in the care package in June. The neat thing...is that they both said that the bag of supplies never emptied throughout the entire summer. They would pour out some flour, beans, rice and other things...but the bag always had more for the next day. Praise God! I love to hear stories like this because it reminds me of how BIG my God is. I want to depend on Him like my life depends on it...WHICH IT DOES! Tomorrow I am flying back to Michigan. When I jump into a vehicle...it will run. When I drive anywhere, I will feel safe and won't pray so hard. There will be water when I want it (even hot water), electricity, no foreign germs or 'fears'. I will be fighting the battle of becoming self-sufficient and not God-dependent. People will understand my communication and I won't need to pray for words. Father, help me to pray more...because my life really does depend on you!!!
I Saw What I Saw and I can't forget it
I heard what I heard and I can't go back
I know what I know and I can't deny it
Something on the road, cut me to the soul.
Your pain has changed me,
your dream inspires-
your face a memory-
your hope a fire-
your courage asks me what I'm afraid of
(what I am made of)
and what I know of love.
We've done what we've done and we can't erase it
We are what we are and it's more than enough
We have what we have but it's no substitution
Something on the road, touched my very soul
I say what I say with no hesitation
I have what I have and I'm giving it up
I do what I do with deep conviction
Something on the road, changed my world
--Sara Groves
These words have echoed through my mind the past few days. And yes, John and Lyle, I played the song. (SMILES)
We are now packing up our room which looks like the aftermath of a F5 tornado. Dawn has lower back issues. (I know you are thinking it's because of playing with the children. Actually, her back went out when she was shaving her legs in the shower this morning. [Just blew that bubble, didn't I?]) :) We are leaving with tons of smooches, kisses and yes, ringworm. (I think that I am the only one who has it.) Jenney still has a fever which needs to be gone before the airport in the morning. We'll ice her down if we have to! The FBC crew is near Dallas and I am dreaming of a happy reunion with my Prince, children and grandchildren. Time has flown by.
DIF has given us 5 precious children (not from Lily) who are ready to be adopted. Now I am asking God for families. Soon, we will have children from Lily that will need families as well. Will you help me pray about this? It is close to the heart of God...and mine!
1 comment:
Thanks for more pics, Linda. :) Appreciated, as always. Couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking about those kids...
Hope you're home, safe and sound. Kentucky love.
Post a Comment