1-2-3 POSE!!!
Leslie
Mireya
Lucia
Silvia and Maggie
Tia Selsa, Barb, Belem, Javier and of course, Ana Karen enjoying an afternoon!!!
Juan with his new pair of shoes. Hopefully I'll be able to load some video's of his shoes!
Victor. He used to live here when he was younger. He left for several years and is now back working as staff.
Baby Alan and Nohema. Kids of all ages love her!
Erwing is the only boy I know of who mops with his Bible. He carries it with him wherever he goes and he also has memorized a lot of scripture!
My kids! Silvia and Javier
Shaggy with his prize of the day!
Luz thinks John has grown taller!
Sid and Betty with her new purse. Betsy made many of the girls purses...and they love them!!!
Oh Ramon!
Lorena...soaking it all in!
Taylor...Gustavo says, "Hola!"
Sid and Ana Karen
Milli with Lizeth and Jazmine!
Mary Ellen is in heaven!
The Kentucky group arrived!
A sweet Nohema...and may I add...beautiful!
3 of the 5!
Leslie Hermosa!
Chewy at the wheel! Yikes!
A pretty Lorena. (Rog you owe me one! By the way...my car does need a good cleaning!)
Alondra!
Isn't he cute?
Arturo
A new visitor!
Elvida and Belem...buds! This is such a sweet pic of the love and trust these kids have for eachother!
Belem gave her testimony Saturday morning.
Making tortillas and scrambled eggs for breakfast!
Belem at work!
Nayelly and Barb
Guess who???
Jackie...a big girl now!
Lorena
Karen and Barb
Fabiola...the birthday girl yesterday!!!
These are the life treasures of a little girl. Notice how proudly they are displayed on her bed. This is all they have...
This little girl has a little less...
This little girl probably only has a few earthly treasures...that are carefully hidden underneath her pillow.
Briza and Lupita
For the Rileys!!!
Sweetness!
Look what pic I found in Jazmine's Bible!!!
Hey Silvia!
Ahhh...Jazmine in her jammies!
Ana and Barb
Some donated toys have made the little girl's room so cozy!
Paint and new bedspreads really made the little girl's room so pretty!
Andrea and Lizeth playing house on a Saturday morning.
One big pile of terminated cockroaches. YUCK!
Ruby Shrunk!!!
Here is a video clip of poor Juan trying to play soccer with shoes that have the soles falling right off. It was pretty pathetic, but he played a great game despite the shoes. He had a huge smile on his face...because he was able to have the opportunity to play soccer. Shoes didn't matter to him.
I started to do a close-up of Juan's shoes once the game was finished. We were all laughing at his crazy shoes. You will notice the video ended abruptly...because while we were all laughing, I suddenly saw that he was ashamed and humilitated. I tried to explain that we were laughing at the funny shoes and not him. Father, help me to be more descerning!
Here is typical fun on a Sunday afternoon when everyone hangs out. I shot this video especially for Belem so she can watch this next Sunday in her new home and smile.
A sweet song by a sweet girl.
When we got home from church today, the Kentucky group arrived! It was great to see them again. They finally made it across the border. Let me tell you, it's a very humbling experience to have no power or no say with the Mexico officials. Please help me pray for the Michigan team that is driving down and crossing the border on Friday. May they get across the border and arrive safely here with no problems!
It is hard to believe that this Friday morning Belem flies to Boston, Mass. Even though she could not be adopted because she is too old, the family that wanted to adopt her and her sister have arranged for her to live with them since she has graduated from High School down here. The plan is for her to eventually attend college in the states. Thank you, Keith and Becky, for welcoming her into your home. She is SO excited! Although she will be missed terribly down here, I know that God has big plans for her life. I am so excited to see what the future holds for her!
So far, Chewy and his sister are still here. It's sorta a sad way to live. They were told DIF would take them to their mother's house last Wednesday. Each day they think it will be their last and it is quite emotional. Martha and her family are still here too. Perhaps our many prayers have blocked Satan's attempt to send them away. Please keep praying.
I'm hoping to include some video of Juan's soccer game last night. It was SO funny, because he was running with shoes that were a mess. Well, today he was given a brand new pair of shoes...and he had a smile from ear to ear! It was so FUN to witness. I bet next Saturday he will have a great game. He's a terrific player, but he was playing with some crazy shoes!
Today as we were driving home from church on the bus, we were stopped at a light. A truck full of men were in a pickup truck next to us. They looked up and saw the orphanage name on the bus and began making fun of the children. If you could only see the hurt in their eyes as they tried not to listen. My heart broke as I saw the children take this. Unfortunately I know it was not the first time...and it will not be the last. My claws came out and I wanted to jump out of the bus and tell them a thing or two. (Mama bears are not too rational.) Instead, I sat there and hurt with the children and held them tight. It's a difficult thing down here to know how to react to things. I want the children to see Jesus in me. What would He have done? Held them tight, wiped away their tears while wiping away His own. Father, I want to be just like you! Please give me a heart like Yours. I want my eyes to be just like Yours! May I see people as you see them. May my heart break as Your heart breaks. Holding these children does something to you... down deep to the core. It rocks your world. Values change, priorities change...and you come face to face with a BIG God. There seems to be this big mirror down here that God asks us to look into. The amazing thing is that He holds us as we gaze into this revealing mirror of our life. Love seems to spill out of God in such a miraculous way while He shows us the next step for us to take. I guess, to sum it all up, it's not just a journey to an orphanage, but a journey in your heart. Thank you, for loving Lily. Thank you for loving orphans. May God bless you, my friends!
Hopefully later tonight I can add the videos to this posting!
No comments:
Post a Comment