Friday, October 9, 2009

A VERY busy day at Lily!


Lorena and Adriana showing me a pretty broken rock they found.




Jazmine is still enjoying watermelon....me too!




Nayelly





Nohema asked some kids to clean out the apartment that the work team will be finishing...she had no idea they just threw the stuff out the door. :)




What talent! Briza, Erwing, Adriana and Ruby.




Having fun!




This guy was behind bars. I prefer them that way!




Geraldo inspecting for cavaties!




Javier being atttacked by a blue bunny!




Jealous, Fred???




I was almost eaten by a dinosaur yesterday!




Lorena showing us her splits!




Daniella too!




Lorena





Fabiola was tired after school yesterday!




Tonito doing his homework!




Hosea Miguel




Briza and Cielo




Spraying the mattresses for cockroaches before we bring them in our dorm. Smart, huh?!!!




Abulardo and Barb




Vici is always full of smiles!




Javier and Daniel ready for school. What great guys!




Angel and his new haircut. He saved a lock of the curls for Jean!




Juan Diego is so handsome!!! Love his smile!




Gustavo, Barb, Armondo and Abulardo on the bus!




Oscar




Nico




Gustavo...ready for school. For you, Taylor!




Rosaleo





Lupita and Erwing





Brenda and Alondra




Felipe, Javier and Arturo with his broken arm. He was proud to tell me it was from playing American football! What a guy!




Breakfast at Lily.



This evening I am coming to you in behalf of a new boy named Ramon. He will not hold his head up for a sibling pic...and begins to weep when he is around them. I try to hold him and comfort him but he keeps his distance in his heart. Ramon is the oldest boy (approx 11) but something is deeply troubling him and his spirit is injured. He needs healing...like so many others. Quite often it is the oldest male sibling that feels guilty for not being able to care for brothers and sisters or they have had terrible things happen to them. All I know is that a little boy is hurting right now and our BIG God can heal.

During this visit to Mexico I have been reading and rereading the Sermon on the Mount. This is so rich! Every day the Lord seems to pull out various truths and asks me to consider how they apply to my life. This morning the Lord reminded me how God cares for our every needs and how we should not worry. I need this lesson down here...because I tend to worry about what will happen to the children....will they have enough food, enough warm clothes this winter, etc. But, God asks me to look at the birds. They don't sow, harvest or store their food in barns, but the Lord cares for them. Barb Hernandez and I have been talking how God has all these things in store for us...and we have no clue! We pray for some pieces of fruit for the children...and a truck load and trailer full of watermelon arrives. I bet God has some hearty chuckles at our feeble faith. I love it when He opens the flood gates...and we catch a glimpse of his grandeur. I'm telling God tonight that I noticed there is no meat in the freezer. It is empty.

Antonio (who used to be little Tonito) attends 2nd grade now and today he was doing addition and subtraction for his homework. My, oh my, where has the time gone? I have to say that Mama and Papa have done an amazing job raising all these precious children. I can hear them say, all the glory goes to God...and I agree. Thank you, Jesus, for giving us such a courageous couple to run after a wild dream that you gave them! I really think that God has some wild dreams for us to run after. I'm lacing up my tennis shoes!!!

We have had water for the past 24 hours, but it sounds like the tank is empty again...or will be soon so I told Barb to jump in the shower quick! It makes me think of the other night. We didn't have water for over 2 days and I went to bed feeling hot and dusty. After I had fallen asleep, I heard the water gurgling in the pipes and I jumped out of bed and ran into the shower. I about killed myself because I was not smart enough to turn lights on, etc. Well...instead of grabbing soap...I ended up with my hair conditioner all over me. Luckily the water lasted long enough to get that rinsed off (took awhile) and the soap and shampoo on. Got to admit...I've had the softest skin!!! I know, my Prince, I need to 'slow down'. But when you're in the desert, the sound of water is precious...and you do crazy things! With Barb here now...and Mary Ellen, Lauren and her dad and John here tomorrow, I'll be more dignified by the time the Michigan group arrives (I hope)!

I started this posting yesterday and am trying to finish it tonight. Today we have met with Memo to unload lumber, looked in the bodega for tools (which we didn't find...surprised Pastor Ryan?), purchased food at the market, shopped at Sam's Club and attended 2 soccer games. No wonder why I am whipped. Makes me tired just reviewing our day.

p.s. I'm sorry I wasn't able to post this earlier. We've only been in our room for about 40 minutes...and I chose sleep for half of that time! Just back in at 9:00p.m. and ready to check in for the night.

Please pray for Lorena, Mary Ellen, Milli, Sid and John. They were supposed to be here this afternoon, but they are unable to cross the border. Sounds like they will try again in the morning. Sounds way too familiar to me! I know how they feel!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit when I left for church this morning, I was feeling very stressed. There's just alot going on right now. Singing on the praise team and listening to P. Mark gave much needed relief. But the icing on the cake came when I logged on the blog and saw Lorena's big smile on the very first pic. The Lord must have spoken to you. All I can say is THANKS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Linda, thank you so much for the pictures. Looks like you spent some time at tio alberts! how fun! I know you are enjoying your time there and im hoping very soon i can too see all those smiling faces. Im praying for you as well as the teams coming soon. tell marcela and sergio hi!