Abulardo and Armndo having fun!
Fabiola chatting on FB
Samuel and Belem
Half time at the soccer game. Javier giving instructions.
Andrea doing Briza's hair.
Marcela babysitting
Cielo
Nancy and Betty
This 'little' guy is a armfull to carry!
A precious little hand to hold!
What kissable cheeks!
Ruby, Samuel and Ana Karen in the kitchen. Samuel DOES do dishes. Surprise!!!
Julian and Alondra!
I think Shaggy drools when he sleeps! LOL!!!
Memo and Tello discussing building materials that will be needed for the Michigan Team's work project.
A dad driving his daughter to school. This really touched my heart. When he helped her off the bike, he straightened her hair and gave her a kiss. Many people here do not have cars.
Lizeth...laughing!
Cielo on the ride to school!
Tonito!!!
Ubbia!
Ready for school!!! The children here love school and count it a privilege to go.
Briza and Ezekiel
hermanos...
Shaggy...who is not... 'shaggy'. He is a wonderful new addition to Lily. (ME...did you catch the word?) Anyway, he watches out for the kids and is very friendly. The other day Ramon (in the wheelchair) decided to 'run away'. (This is very typical for most kids and usually not successful.) So, he headed out down the road in his wheelchair. He was past the first corner and headed toward the main road when we got him. BUT...Shaggy was right there...keeping an eye on him. When we put Ramon in the vehicle...Shaggy was one happy dog and ran back to the casa with his tail wagging! Later...he took a good nap! ;)
Mama shouting last minute instructions as they left for the airport. They will be in Guatamala for the rest of the work and returning on Sunday.
Marta and her baby.
Mireya's husband Hosea and their son Alan.
Angel...what a handsome guy he is!
Tomorrow DIF is taking Chewy and Miriam to their mother's home. They don't want to go and this will be very difficult. Many tears will be shed. FYI...they will be given money for a bus ticket back here just in case it gets too bad for them. The staff can't do it...but I can! I know you are praying. Thanks.
Last evening the girls had a soccer game (every Monday evening). It was another close one...and we WON! Yeah! I was the 'mom' to the team and cheered them on with all my might. They loved to have someone there watching them. What an honor it was. Hopefully the next 2 weeks there will be more than just me cheering them on. Mary Ellen, Lauren, Milli, Sid and John will hopefully be there to assist next week and the Michigan group the following week! Javier is the coach. I would think it's a dream job for him...but he says girls are very difficult to coach. When you think of it...it would be like a brother coaching his sisters. Instead of a dream job...perhaps it would be more of a curse. Good thing Javier loves soccer!
Since the dedication of the new boys dorm, there has been many food donations...which is good. The sad thing is that they are all staple foods...and no fruit or vegetables or meat. I arrived last Thursday and we have had watermelon from a generous business man down here for 1 meal (a small slice). Also on Sunday the business that donates the Sunday meal served an orange for dessert. Other than that...nothing. Please help me pray that people will help donate money for fruit and vegetables for the children. For only $75 a week, all the children will get 1 serving of either a fruit or a vegetable every day. If anyone would like to send money down with the group, please let me know.
A couple years ago I memorized the first 8 verses of Psalm 63...and the first few verses have come to life down here. Living in a desert is a unique experience. However, during the past 2 years, they have received much rain after a 7 year drought. The day before yesterday it rained and rained. You would have thought that everything would be flooded. But the parched soil gladly soaked it all in...every drop. This is a 'dry and thirsty land where there is no water' and it makes the most of every drop. I want my heart to yearn for Jesus like this dry soil yearns for a droplet of rain. I want Him to be foremost in my mind. Then, when the rain falls, I want to soak in bit of Him. Oh Jesus, I do long for more of You! "More love, more power, more of You in my life." (Love that song. Isaac...will you sing that in church again for me?)
How I love riding with the children to school in the mornings! They are so excited about the day...and their energy level is high! They embrace every day with such passion! They get up very early (around 5:00, have devotions, dress, make their beds, clean their rooms and perform other chores. By 7:30 they are off to school. But their smiles and joy are genuine. They have no say as what is for breakfast, they just gladly eat it. Their clothes are assigned...and I am sure they probably don't like everything they get to wear...but you'd never know it. The chores are definitely plain old hard work...but they do them with a smile. This has really convicted me. Father, restore to me the JOY of my salvation. May it be evidenced when I get up early, have to eat tuna in my eggs (like today) and while I work. When there is no water, let me embrace that time and let it make me more thankful for water when it does come out of the faucet. I am such a spoiled American. Father, let my life be a fountain of joy and a reflection of Your passionate love.
Silvia has been sick with a fever. It didn't stop her from playing soccer...but she is quite sick. I loved the opportunity to find some medicine for her and be a mom. Thank you, Jesus, for that privilege.
This morning I went to the market with Belem to receive the donations. While we were standing around, a mom with 4 little girls (stairsteps)was next to us. She explained that she does not have a husband or a job and that she is having a hard time taking care of her girls. They have not had food in awhile. Belem was quick to share with her about her home at Lily and how they would take good care of her girls. She told her story and the mom earnestly listened. Later the mom asked us for a phone number so she can get more information. When they brought out our donations and were loading them in the back of our truck, those girls stared at all the food. Their mother reprimanded them and told them to stand by her, but their hunger spoke louder. Belem and I gave the girls some food to eat...and you should have seen their smiles! Oh Father, please let this mom bring these girls to Lily so they can have food and a safe place to live! I'll keep you posted.
The cockroaches in the kitchen have been growing. In fact, they look like they've been on steroids. After facing the tarantulas this summer...I just smile and scream on the inside. No problemo!!!! You can't let the children see you sweat or else your bed will be filled with them! Ahhh...life at Lily! I love it!
4 comments:
Linda! It has been such a joy reading the blog and looking at pictures. I noticed in one of your pictures Marcial was in them! Was he back visiting? Marcial is one of my best friends at Lily, if he is still there please tell him I said hello and that I miss him very much. Send my love to Belem as well. :)
Praying and thinking of you!
Yes, Linnea, Marcial is back as staff working at the older boy's dorm. He is doing well. I'll pass along your greeting.
Thanks for the first of many,many more pics to come. The kids are adorable as ever. Thanks also for talking to Lorena for me. Please tell Samuel it's nice to see him finally working, even if it's doing dishes, rather than just riding around in some vehicle. I'll be praying for you and your meeting at DIF. Please give hugs and kisses to Lorena, my future grandkids and all the rest. Wish I was there. Thanks!!!
dear mama mexico-
finally caught up. :) i'm so encouraged to see that God is still at work at Lily! (what little faith i have!) as always, thanks for taking time to fill us in on how our kids are doing. i can't wait to see their sweet faces and give them lots of hugs!! they do know we're coming, right?! and of course, we'll go watch the girls play. i was hoping that we'd be given that privilege. :) and how cool that javi is coach! my heart breaks to hear that kids are being sent back to their broken homes...praying today that this would stop. and praying for you that God would restore to you the joy of your salvation. see you so very soon...after 28 hours on the road! -your southern gal
Post a Comment