Monday, November 3, 2008

...waiting for that day....


Leslie and Yazmine...just waiting for that day when Mark and Jean can pick them up and take them home with their brothers and sister.





Someof the kitchen workers found a loaf of bread that was hidden and quickly made sandwiches with some Karo syrup they found. What a treat for them.





Eggs were one the menu for today...without tuna I might add!!! :)





Karen and Colleen...our Lily angel





Daniel and Marcos...good buds!





This wonder cat not only eats rats and birds but cockroaches! I love this cat! YOU GO GIRL!!!! We need her in our casa!





Marcos and Alberto with their sister, her husband, Mom and Alberto holding his nephew. Family pics are rare...I was happy to take this for them.





Marcos and Alberto....bros!





Belem, her uncle and Johana





Isael, tia Celsa, Esayla and Silvia





Tonito thinking about a nap!





Lesley and Yazmine listening to music together...compliments of their brother!





Yes, Abulardo is still here...





& so is his bro, Julio





2 new brothers that are adorable! Please pray for me that I can quickly learn all the new children's names. It means so much to them.





The Christian Medical Clinic entrance.





This gourd was growing right through the fence.





Beauty in the desert. Isn't that just like God?!!!





We dropped off some New Testament bibles to the home of this local Baptist pastor. He is starting some cell groups and they are in need of the Word! This pastor also operates the Christian Medical Clinic.





Yesterday the cemetary was packed for the "Day of the Dead"





I always wonder what the children are thinking when we drive through town and see 'normal' families together.





Papa at the wheel...the captain of his ship!





Teens hanging out on a lazy Sunday afternoon.





Eliodoro...a unique kid.





Gustavo and his friend Angel



First of all...PLEASE VOTE TOMORROW! I did before I left...it was a lot of extra hassle at the last minute...but it was a priority. CHRISTIANS NEED TO VOTE!
"Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for MY hope is in Him. He alone is MY rock, and MY salvation, My fortress where I will not be shaken." Psalm 63:5 Our hope is in God, but we need to do our part and vote.

Ramon is having his surgery today. I am trusting the Lord for great news. It is a big ordeal down here and we will all celebrate when Ramon comes home to the casa!

This afternoon we are trying to do a group photo. Mama wants me to find 'the perfect place for it'. Unfortunately the photographer is coming at 3 in the afternoon so that means the sun will be in it's peak...which means too bright. I know nothing about this type of thing...so you just do your best and pray. That is true of a lot of situations down here. Things come up that you never think of...and you have to make decisions and just pray and do your best. Who is prepared for the situations that 120 kids' welfare entails? It is no wonder that Papa is on his knees praying early every morning. Those who have visited here know exactly what I mean.

We have fluid leaking out of most every vehicle. Windows are broken, doors don't shut and I am amazed that any vehicle is still running. Everything is used to the max...but thank the Lord, they are able to transport everyone. We really don't need a mechanic down here. We just need some miracles for new vehicles. Yesterday a woman randomly walked up to Papa and said she is donating a vehicle to us. It's a 1992...that's all we know. Hopefully it runs. :) Praise the Lord!

I have heard through the grape-vine that Fred and Roger and on their way down to visit for a few days. Life will be very interesting once they arrive...and the kids will love to see them. I'm keeping it a surprise.

Daniel (14 yr. old) fainted this morning during prayer time. This has never happened before and it shook him up. We were able to get him checked out by a Dr. but no one knows what caused it. Please pray for him!

The bus will be pulling up soon...so I'm gonna scoot. I don't want to miss greeting the children as they come home from school. I love welcoming them home every day! I'll kiss them for you!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hey Linda...the boys are in southern missouri...hope to be there tomorrow around noon....thanks for the pictures and news from LOV...it really helps us pray more in tune with the daily needs....big hello to Colleen....isn't she wonderful

Merm's blog said...

hey. when we're up in michigan we wanna make you some breakfast. i have this GREAT new recipe for eggs-n-tuna. so yum. it'll rock your face off.

thanks for blogging. i KNOW its a sacrifice but we loooove it.

Anonymous said...

heheh....I love mary ellen and lauren so much! Do you think it's because they share my sick sense of humor?? Hope the girls were able to get some Taki's with their cash ;) Praying for you all!