Friday, November 14, 2008

Only three more to arrive...and our MI-KEN-OAKIE team will be complete!


Larry and Micah recovering...or at least trying to!







Yazmine, Gary, Alexandria, Marisol, Alondra & Jesus




Tio Gary at the wheel





Tonito fell asleep on the way home from school so Gary carried him back to his bed. I know that I feel like a man is the strongest...shows the most strength when he tenderly carries a child.





Lorena...happy after a great day at school!





Luis...what a cutie!





Briza...a ray of sunshine!





Ramon soaking up the rays





Keri...what a fun nurse!!!! She brought a big smile to Ramon's face!





Keri helping with Ramon's care





Larry...a tired puppy!





This is what a whipped Micah looks like.





Estephen, Andrea & Jackie....a living tree!





Trying to pull of Vito's chin...





Our warm welcome!





The American's are here!!!





Before Americanos!





Party Time...Celebrating Ramon's homecoming!





An instant Prayer Meeting thanking God for bring Ramon home!





A hero's welcome home for Ramon!





Ramon & Papa outside the hospital





Goodbye hospital!!!










Ramon with his 2 favorite nurses!




Julian...our adorable toddler!





Micah hard at work...





Our team hit the ground running!!!



Father, You are the potter...we are the clay!




There is so much to catch up on...my goodness. A whirlwind of activites has taken place the past 48 hours. Ramon has finally been released from the hospital...the day Keri arrived. (God, Your timing is so perfect!) Mama and Papa were so thrilled to take their boy home and the reunion with his 'family' at Lily was very precious. We praise God for healing Ramon.





Vito and Estephen arrived that evening around 7:00 p.m. to a wild bunch of kids! By the time they drove through the gate, kids were piled in back of their truck and running along side them as they parked. There were many tears of joy shed as they embraced the children.

Soon after this excitement, 26 children/workers loaded on the bus to pick up 9 more of our group who flew in at 9:40 p.m. (a long day for everyone). That first night, I don't know if hardly anyone slept...because of the excitement...and wall to wall people. The first morning Memo was here to meet with Chad and get everything going. Our guys accomplished in 1 day what Memo expected for us to accomplish in 3 day. Not bad, I'd say! Todd, the one who doesn't know what resting means, has been going like crazy...while a few others have had to take some breaks (siestas). :) Westside ladies and Teena made banana bread for the children which was a hit. They have learned how to do several things, like sniffing for rotten eggs, sorting through sugar, etc. Today we are hoping to do brownies!

The fiesta at DIF proved to be an overwhelming success! The children loved playing with our "Americanos" and had a blast. In fact, when the fiesta finished, the children didn't want to leave us. The staff who observed the children's reaction to us were very surprised. Towards the end I saw the staff smile and laugh while watching the children play with our group. What a huge answer to prayer this was. The meeting which was to follow the 'party' was cancelled much to my dismay. The head official left town and left everything hanging. I, however, choose not to be discouraged, but determined more than ever to get some answers before we leave next weekend. The exciting thing is that it gives us a couple more days to pray and fast for this meeting. The Riley children and the Arnett children will accompany me when Alex arranges for the time. I really feel that the decision makers at DIF will have to look these children in the face and listen to their pleas for the adoptions to take place. With God's intervention, we are praying for this to happen this next week. Monday there is a holiday...so we have 4 more days to pray this to happen.

The MI-KEN-OAKIE team is a team that God put together. He has gone before us and I am amazed by His orchestration. How BIG is God? Bigger than my wildest dreams...and I have wild Kingdom dreams!!! There have been many tears shed because we have already seen His fingerprints. Thank you, Father!

What things do you learn from living with a group? Besides the fact that snoring is almost beautiful when in full swing, it's OK to be among friends without make-up, short showers are still awesome, it's a privilege to rub shoulders with other Kingdom followers. Waking up with Bounce sheets in your armpits (ask Chris why this might happen) and riding in the back of pick-up trucks at night is only a glimpse of our great God...who has a great sense of humor.

Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Linda, what a cute picture of Lorena. Of course I instantly got a lump in my throat. I sure miss her. It is good to see Ramon back at Lily. We'll keep praying for his complete recovery. Please say "Hi" to the work crew. Glad to see they arrived safely. I know you hate to do this, but hugs and kisses for all the kids please. Thanks- Rog

ps- Nothing's changed here, Fred went deer hunting and forgot his sleeping bag.

Merm's blog said...

ah. i'm so glad you had time to do this. my heart is warmed.

trying to be thankful for a rainy day in KY when i want to be there with you all.

Anonymous said...

Linda, I just have to ask...what IS that hunk of meat? It looks like a drumstick off a dinosaur.

I enjoyed hearing the kids sing for us in church this morning. The only word I understood was "santo", which is probably enough actually. :)

Anonymous said...

Im so glad ramon is home!! and that he had a great homecoming from the looks of it! Our youth group sent a whole bunch of cards and letters down there and should be arriving sometime this week!! hopefully...

still praying for you all everyday!

Anonymous said...

It is SO good to see Ramon home and smiling! I am still crying, but happy tears this time. :) Please give him a big kiss from me. I miss that guy...I love him dearly and I love watching Pablo care for him. Of course give my love to our girls and all the others too. Tell "Chilo" that I was very happy to see him sharing a seat with my little Andrea. Love her for us Chilo!!