Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Anniversary, My Prince!


Our Lily Family!





Samuel and Angel





One big happy family!





Brenda and Nohema





Marisol and Nayelly





Tia Mica and Rosa





Tia Lydia helping out in our kitchen.




Marcos!





Briza and her bro Hosea Angel





My decorating committee





Cattle in the road again. Teena thinks the fences are to keep the cattle in the road and out of the pasture.




Today is a very special day to me...because it is our wedding anniversary. This is the first anniversary we have spent it apart, but God will bless this sweet sacrifice. I need to tell you about this special man I married. He is a man who is sold out to God. (What girl could ask for more?) Gary is a very dedicated man of integrity. He goes the extra mile to be a man of his word. He works very hard at everything he does. I love the fact that he reads God's Word and begins each morning in prayer. To me, this makes him a giant! He makes me feel safe in so many ways, he is my sounding board and best of all...he's the one I love to spend time with...my best friend, my soul-mate. Is he perfect? No...and I am the least. I want to take this moment to say, "Thank you, my Prince, for not only unconditionally loving me, but loving our children and grandchildren. I am a blessed girl to call you my husband. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! You make me feel like a Princess!"

OK...now on with Lily. Last evening there was a photographer who donated his time to take a group picture of everyone. That family portrait lasted for about 1 1/2 hours. The children were very patient and it was fun. I took some unprofessional shots that I'm going to post.

Cockroaches are my friends. They love my toothbrush and my sleeping bag/pillow. Last night when I went to climb into bed, they were running up my arms and neck. I think it's time to fumigate before the group comes. As long as they're under 2 inches, I'm OK.

Down here, I'm the student and not the teacher. I learn so much from the giants I'm among. Jesus is teaching me so much and I am blessed.

Please help me pray that I can get in contact with Alex. I have not been able to get ahold of him as of yet and it is very important that we get the mother in to the judge soon before she changes her mind. There are many other adoption cases that I need to work at and he is a tremendous help.

Today is parent/teacher conferences. Ed has to go into the middle school and sign report cards for all of his Jr. Highers and talk with the teachers. It will take up most of the day. Mama is off to the hospital to be with Ramon. Teena and I will be off to the market to buy fresh fruit and veggies! Yeah!!!! A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who sent money for food. We are also buying 50 lb bags of beans, rice, flour other staples to get them through a few more months.

Part 2
My internet went down after I started this blog at 6:30 this morning...and just came on when it's time to go to bed. I wanted to tell you that the older bus that we traded the beat-up International bus for arrived today. It looks brand new for what we traded it for! God is good. Also, the '92 vehicle arrived today. It's some sort of a Chevy stationwagon....but it runs. You would have thought that we were just donated a million dollars. Everyone is celebrating and praising God. It was really quite conviting to me. How big do God's blessings need to be for me to praise Him? Would I praise him for a '92 Chevy? Nope. (A '92 Ford...maybe!) Do you know what I mean? Pehaps I'm the only one who is in error. Forgive me, Jesus.

We did the market thing...bought food...even fruit and veggies! Tomorrow we are having cactus and with hamburger. Yum! It will be a treat!!!

Fred and Roger arrived about an hour ago. They looked like they had been drug through a keyhole backwards. They drove through...and struggled at the border. But, they are here now.

There were some issues down here that I have been concerned about upon my arrival...but my awesome God reminded me to just pray and leave it with Him. I am happy to report that He is working everything out to His glory.

Tomorrow we are making cookies and the kids are so excited.

Ramon is doing great and the Dr. allowed him to eat pizza tonight. He is playing hide-n-seek with the hospital staff and God is doing one miracle right after another with him. He still has the best Dr. and they are keeping him on the Burn floor...which usually they are sent out after a couple weeks. He is getting the best care and the government is paying for it. Thank you, Jesus!

Tomorrow I am making reservations for Ed and Rosa to stay at a nice hotel for their day/night off and they promise to not go to the hospital but spend time together as a couple. We have other people who can visit Ramon and stay with him. They just need time to relax together. Please help me pray that this will be a special time of refreshment for them. They are so tired.

Only a few pics this time. More in la manana!

2 comments:

Merm's blog said...

So many thoughts...
First, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I love both you and Gary dearly. You know this, right?! You are such beautiful examples of Christ-centered marriage. I am reminded of the Gospel in the two of you... and this is the greatest compliment I could give.
Second, I love Mexico and the fact that you pay a bazillion dollars for unfaithful internet.
Third, I love the testimony of God's grace, provision and security as He heals Ramon, provides new vehicles, sends money for food, and watches over the hearts of the kids.
I'll be praying for Ed and Rosa on their day off and for you as you miss yo' man. :)
Love you. This has been fun to read as I head off for my day!

Lauren Taylor said...

mexico mama-

happy anniversary!! your marriage is a testament to the gospel and it's blessed me in so many ways.

i'm posting the family photo on facebook because i want everyone to see it. even though their faces are tiny, i can pick out so many of them, still. thanks for working so hard at the blog to keep us in the know...and for sharing your heart with us, sin and all. i'm challenged by your honesty.

love,
your mexico hija