Monday, November 10, 2008

Grace to You from Lily


Briza and David...buds





Teena and Marisol





Lovable Luis





Our girls basketball team. They played in Chihuahua and won! Yippee!





Ahhhh Ana! She is a keeper. Love her bunches!





Boys and their go-cart!





When we had her hair looking its worst...visitors came and toured the office where I was doing her hair. She was mortified...but sheepishly greeted the guests and answered questions with a smile. What a gal! :)





Forever Friends...Lizeth and Elmo (My Lily Selah)





Taking Elmo for a stroll...





Sergio





Nohema and another one of our hair adventures! I love her!!!





Julian getting some Karla kisses






Lupita, Papa, Gabby & Yazmine having fun.





Prisma helping out with homework.


My bed is calling out to me...but I wanted to share more pics with you. The kids are absolutely adorable...and I can't resist looking at their pictures and posting them.

I am reading the book, "What's So Amazing About Grace" again. I need to read this book more often. Growing up, my sister would call me "Grace" but it didn't have a positive connotation...often used after I would trip or stumble over something. So, for many years I have hated the word...but now I embrace it. I want to be a 'grace note' for these kids...for Mama...for Papa...for the staff...for my family...for my Savior. I need to purpose my days for grace. Do these kids or staff 'deserve' anything special? (Of course more than I) but that is not what qualifies grace. It is unmerrited love. There are no 'qualifications'. It's free and it's 'just because' of God. Why??? We have this BIG AWESOME God who is above and beyond our wildest dreams. Thank you for Grace, Father! I am dancing in it tonight!

Ramon is scheduled to come home this Friday. They are planning a special party at the hospital...and here at Lily. I told Mama that perhaps the second party here should be the next day...because he is going to be tired. I'm glad Keri will be here to help with his transition home.

We have a little boy that has been in tears over a tooth-ache. The dentist was closed over the weekend but we got him in this morning. He needs a root canal. They are expensive even down here...but it is necessary. Poor little guy. My heart broke for him. I went through that process 2 years ago...and I will never forget it. OUCH!!!!

Tomorrow is a big shopping day for Mama and me...but I AM UP FOR THE TASK! (Someone has to do it.) :) Actually, I haven't been out with Mama to Chihuahua yet...it's some kind of a record. Having Ramon at the hospital has thrown everything off. It will be nice for normal routines once again.

Our friend,Dick, who Teena met on the plane ride here, came to visit this afternoon and he brought his plant manager (I think that is his title) and wife see the children. It is always fun for people to come and fall in love with this place. We look forward to possibly working with him on our building projects. One very exciting piece of news...their business is going to provide a huge birthday cake each month to celebrate the children's birthdays! Isn't that cool?!!!

Well, my bed which was calling out to me earlier is screaming now....so I will answer. Only a few more days until I can be with my Prince and our team. God is good. Thank you, Jesus, for so many blessings...too many to count!

2 comments:

Lauren Taylor said...

a birthday cake? that makes me happy. i don't know how many times we wanted to bake birthday cakes for the kids, but couldn't do it b/c there are too many of them! tonight merm and i are getting together to talk about lily with her dad and a friend who's going down with the team. (can't remember his name.) we're also getting a few things together to send with them. can't wait!

Anonymous said...

would lizeth (and the other kids) be interested in a wagon? if you had money for one could you purchase one down there? it looks like elmo could use some wheels....