Tuesday, November 18, 2008

HIS love endures forever!!

























Another day has begun. The alarm clock seemed way too early-4:15. Only 4 more days with the kids...so we're trying to make the moments count. Tonight we are planning a staff appreciation dinner to honor all the workers. Please pray for us as it is a time of humble service to some very worthy people. We want to love on them. "Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you? And the King will say, 'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me."

Yesterday Sid drove Alex and me to the home of Marcos and Alberto. These boys have been in the orphanage since they were pretty much toddlers. When we entered the home and sat down, there was a real spirit of unrest...and distrust. The air was filled with a sense of evil and betrayal. Alex began speaking on behalf of the boys and we let the Lord lead. I kept looking at Sid and asking him if he was praying and he nodded...in fact he said he hadn't stopped praying. We showed the adoption DVD and then tears started to flow. Tears of relinquishment. At that point, the Holy Spirit started to work on the hearts of the the mother, grandmother, sister and cousin. Their eyes were opened to the truth...and they knew what they needed to do. The mother began to sob...and I wept with her. Although she has not really been a mother to these boys, this prostitute who was very hardened by the life she lived suddenly showed a tender side...one I had never seen before during our earlier meetings. She got up from her chair and started to brush her hair to go into the officials office to sign the termination papers. The grandmother (who apparently suffers from some type of lung problems from smoking) then shared with us that her health is very frail. The Holy Spirit then prompted me to ask Alex to intruduce her to the Great Physician who could heal her heart...and give her eternal life. Alex jumped right in and told them that Mexico is full of religion and that it is a dead religion. But, Jesus Christ died on the cross so we could have a relationship with Him that is full of life. About halfway through this the boys mother walked into the room and listened to Alex...sincerely. By this time the tears were flowing again and Alex challenged them to let us pray to this God on their behalf to give them His peace. During this prayer he also asked them to repeat a sinner's prayer. Not only was Alberto and Marco's mom and grandmother repeating the words...but their sister and cousin. From that point on...there was a real peace that settled in the room. The creator of the universe, who died on the cross, revealed Himself to these precious people...and I will never forget it. Shortly after we piled into the car to go to the public office where she was going to relinquish her rights. But, of course, Satan was fighting the whole way and the office was closed. So, today at 7:00 Michigan time, Alex will be taking this mother to the officials office to terminate her rights so these boys can be adopted. The cool thing...is that I believe that she will have an eternity in heaven to be with her boys! Cool, huh?!!! Isn't God awesome!

Whenever I speak with bloodmothers about terminating their rights so their children can be adopted, I am completely done-in. The emotional trauma completely tears my heart out. I really believe deep down in the hearts of these women...they love their children...to the best of their ability to love. The problem is that they are are broken children in adult bodies having babies and they have never experienced a mother's love themselves. Living here at the orphanage I am surrounded by the effect of sin every minute. The children still have hope that their parents will come after them...and that this is all a big mistake. They wait for that day...but it never comes. I hate the fact that the children tuck themselves into bed every night...falling asleep without bedtime stories and silly songs. This morning I woke up the little girls for the day and they were all huddled down under blanket...2-3 to a bed to keep warm. They looked so sweet...like little angels. I loved watching them stretch out their little arms and yawn. But, that is something a mother should be enjoying...not a stranger. Please help me pray that the adoption doors would swing wide open...and these precious children's dream of a forever home will come true very soon!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right Dorothy...a box of Kleenix is neccessary to read this. There really are no words. Thank you Jesus!!

Anonymous said...

I think Linda should just write "do not open without kleenex" right at the top of the blog.

Linda, what you didn't know is that when Rayanna, Al, and I compared notes last night...we had ALL been praying ALL day for the boys' mom's spiritual needs. AMEN AND THANK YOU JESUS!

Anonymous said...

God showed his tender mercy again and I am so amazed. Thank you, Father. Thank you.
Such a profound loss, replaced with wholeness unknown....only our God.
Praise Him.

Barb said...

We have a big God who moves Big mountains...Dorothy Moul wrote a letter to Beto & Maros and told them that God would have to move mountains for the adoption to happen.
We praise you God that He is still in the excravation business.

yourziggy said...

I am always amazed by the great works being done at Lily of the Valley and in the surrounding area - God's grace is amazing and His love is unending! Praise the Lord!

Thanks for sharing, Linda!
~Jackie

Anonymous said...

The words to the Chris Tomlin song I heard driving back from work fit my response exactly:
"Oh! Praise Him! He is holy! He is holy! Oh, Praise Him!"

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

God never ceases to amaze me!! I am praying so hard for the adoptions!!! Thanks again for the updates!

tracey said...

Hi, this is Jenney's sister. I just wanted to thank you for the updates and pictures. Please know that you all are being prayed for. You are doing amazing work for God! We pray that He will give you strength and wisdom as you go through your day.