Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I need You, be near me...beside me...to guide me.


Rosa and Ed






Brenda & Maria Elena





Colleen and Julian





Me and Angel...Mark and Jean's boy!





Abuelo Ramon








Leslie and Luc





Mireyla





Oh Andrea





Luis having fun with a leaking baggie filled with water.





The Lily Beauty Parlor is located in the corner of the cafeteria. Gabby is the stylist!





Marsela, Lorena and Maggy doing last minute homework in the morning before breakfast.





Ramon and Christian





Our happy bean sorter....Colleen





Luis...our gymnist





Hosea Miguel...sooooo cute!





A cute sibling group that came about 2 months ago. Adrian, Sarah and their 2 younger brothers. (Haven't learned their names YET!)





Oscar and Samuel...they are great boys!





Defrosting the peppers on the grill...





Rice, milk with cinnamon makes for a great breakfast!





Fabiola...the sweetest girl ever!





Actually...only 8 days now!





Katy and Lupita...bean transporters!





They use a butcher knife & rolling pin to whack away at the frozen meat in the freezer. It works....





Beautiful Marcela





Sergio enjoying his breakfast!





Gabby, Jackie & Ana!





Que es esta????





Maria Elena has a true servant's heart. I love her!





Julian on his way to Crete where he receives physical therapy.





Maria Elena has raised Julian since he first came to us. She is his in-home Mama!





Oliver & Sergio...trying out the driver's seat!







Israel and a proud Papa with our 'new' car!






The only bad thing about the car....sorry Rog!









Cactus processing. First they scrape off the pokers and then it's run through the machine and chopped into small pieces.







Yum!






Our 'new' bus!






A diesel IHC!





Belem, Johana, Jennifer and Maggy





Eliodoro climbing up to check the water tank. Scarey!





Chewy...the smart one at the bottom!





Nohema, Julian and Maria Elena





My cookie making assistant...Chewy





Luis and Tonito





Silvia dishing up the beans





Amigos!





2 buds





A happy Fred and his boys...Boni and Samuel





Briza's beauty salon...





Poor Lizeth and Karelly. Lizeth snuck into her older sisters top bunk last night and fell out while sleeping. She has many bruises and a fat lip. They took her into the ER to get her checked out last night after it happened.





Sometimes boxes lie! This one is a surprise package!!!





Marisol and Nayelli...best buds





A shy Karla





Betty...she is maturing and it's a pleasure to see this!





Devotions this morning!





Roger and Andrea during praise time!





Feliz Complianos, Jazmine! (Happy Birthday) Everyone sang to her this morning after breakfast!





Kitty Clean-Up and her lovely assistants...Marsela and Ruby





Lorena and Roger. She doesn't like her breakfast....can you tell????!





Luc on the bus





Leslie and Yazmine on their way to school.





Yazmine and her 'volcano'...a school project!





Karla...counting down the days until her Vito comes!





Esayla





Fred and Boni before the school bus left.





Roger and Julian.





Juanita





Jennifer





Johana





Belem fixing her sis' hair.





Me and my girl Silvia!





Our "EXTREME Home Makeover" project. Chad (Tye) is our lead builder...fearless leader.



We will be "raising the roof" literally!





The center beam marks the center wall to divide the two Americano dorm rooms.




Luckily the pigs and goats no longer live there. The Americanos will replace them when large groups come. The new residents will be quieter and cleaner...I hope!


I'm listening to the Brooklyn Tabernacle choir and soaking it in.."I lift my hands, I praise you Lord! I bow my head, I honor you Lord.! Hallelujah, You're worthy to be praised!!!!" Today I am especially humbled that God would allow me to come and spend these precious days here. Who am I that God would grant me such a privilege? Thank you, Jesus! When I think of the awesome responsibility of loving these kids...I have to drop to my knees and and ask the Lord to help me love EVERYONE...even the unloveables. You see, I am in need of God's grace to kiss snotty faces, or wipe them on my sleeve, and hold children who have dodged showers for several days. Because of Jesus I am doing better at it...and it is coming more natural. God, help me to love like You do. The qualities that Jesus taught are not natural...they're supernatural (Matt. 5-7). Sometimes when I am on the road and see the police or military drug squads...I am also fearful. But, my precious Jesus, is giving me strength and power. I remember as a little girl I sang in my mom's Junior Choir. A song I learned while in that choir has come to me the past 24 hours and the words go like this, "When the road is rough and steep...fix your eyes upon Jesus. He alone has power to keep, fix your eyes upon Him. Jesus is a faithful friend, One on who you can depend. He will keep you 'til the end. Fix your eyes upon Him." So, that is what I am straining to do. I am not satisfied to just 'run this race', but I want to win!

Little Lizeth is so sore from her tumble out of bed. Please pray for this precious little girl. Now she not only has a broken heart but a bruised body.

Roger is toes up right now. Brenda just arrived so Fred is out talking to his soon-to-be 'official' daughter. Fred and Roger said they slept like logs last night...sounded like it too! Roger took a cold shower this morning...he didn't know the hot water heater was lit. I have no idea why I told him we have hot water now, maybe I felt sorry for him because he was shivering so bad. :) As usual...Fred forgot a pillow, sleeping bag, towel...etc. We had an extra sleeping bag stowed away up in the cupboard. As I pulled it down for him about 4 cockroaches fell down on my hair. YUCK! He owes me one! Teena provided an extra towel...and well...we'll have to see what else he forgot. I'm not loaning underwear!!! :) Barb...I admire you! Thanks for keeping him together.

P.S. Please keep in mind my proof-reader/editor is not with me!

4 comments:

Merm's blog said...

So much to say...
I see some humor in Lizeth standing with Karely after tumbling from the bed. Karely did the same while we were there! Please tell me you've heard this story! It involves Lauren passing out....
I love all the new hair-do's- Marcela's long hair, Joana's new bangs, Brenda lookin' all blond. How fun. oh! and mama! i can't wait to see her in person! does she know we're coming up?
I also love that Gaby Lopez is doing other girls' hair. Martha cut her hair while we were there and it was the worst haircut I've ever seen. It was tragic.
There was something else... hmm, don't remember. love ya!

Merm's blog said...

i remember now... please tell Maria Elena two things:
1. I am mad that she lets you take pictures of her. I got only one in 5 months.
2. I wish I was there to go to Crete with her. We had some good laughs on those trips.

yourziggy said...

Oh poor Lizeth!
While I was there, sleeping in the little girls room, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT I would have to tell her to sleep in a bottom bunk (Papa's rule: 2 girls can't sleep in the top bunks together) but the poor thing just wanted to sleep with her sister! Why they don't move to a bottom bunk together, I just don't understand! I hope she feels better soon!
And Linda, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BLOG! Though it makes me miss Lily so much more, I LOVE these updates!
Love and prayers,
Jackie

Debdools said...

Hello Linda.....thank you for all the updating on those sweet children. Please tell Ed and Rosa that Westfield can't wait to wrap big New England arms around them!!!!!