Sunday, November 9, 2008

Goodbyes and Empty Beds...


4 MORE DAYS!!!




Roger and his fan club taking a walk...




Brenda, Fred and Ruby





Prayers of Thankfulness given for Colleen's life at Lily.





Many tears...






Fred's Goodbyes!





Roger's Goodbyes





Colleen's Goodbyes



A special family reunion here at the orphanage today. Brenda, Samuel and Boni's blood sisters were brought here by their adoptive parents. It was fun to see them all together. Fred was able to see them all together yesterday!





Feliz Complianos Marisol!





Feliz Complianos Ezekiel!





Sarah is such a sweet girl with a gentle spirit!





Kool-aid is always a part of the dinner brought in each Sunday by the business in Chihuahua. The kids love it!





Sergio and Marcela...feeling alone.





Lupita trying to convince me that Gary was on the phone...





Samuel at the wheel





Alondra...can you see the emptiness?





All dressed up for church!





Jackie is stylin'!


Another beautiful Sunday here at Lily. Time for a nap...which makes the whole world look better! Although the warm sun was out...there was a tremendous wind...the wind storms. One of the storms blew through while I was outside trying to track down kids. Tia Mica ran to me and Jackie (we were oblivious to the wind funnel) and she grabbed hold of us and we weathered it all huddled together. My goodness...that was an experience. I had all kinds of dirt, pieces of sticks, etc in my hair and ears.

We had a great time at church. The kids really enjoy the children's service...and so do I! It is an awesome ministry.

Today we had 2 birthday kids. It's now a celebrated ordeal here...and the kids love it! I am trying to get 'birthdays' established for everyone so we can celebrate everyone's life. With some kids there is no record of their existance, so we try to get them registered as a human being and assign a birth date to them. Then...they are put on the official birthday calendar! I think there are only 9 kids without birthdays now!

The next few days are filled with last minute things before our group arrives. The children keep standing in front of the pictures and touching them. Soon the team will be here to touch them back! It will be so much fun for the team and the kids.

I recently discovered that there is no oven in the new boys dining hall. The lady who cooks for the boys was wondering if I could show her how to make banana bread, cookies and cinnamon rolls. I was all excited to show her until I found out she has no oven. I have no idea how much one would cost...but how can you cook for teenage boys without the ability to bake goodies???? I need to research this further.

Today we had another boy that was struggling with his mom not coming. He is the oldest and he's trying to be strong for his sister and brothers...but it was too much for him today. How in the world can parents abandon their children? What in the world???? I see these kids every day...sitting around...thinking. And I can tell by the empty look in their eyes what they are thinking about. They don't understand why they don't have a mommy and daddy to take care of them. That is how it is supposed to work. But, Satan has robbed them of that privilege. Now they are in an orphanage. Thankfully they are here at Lily. They are taught about God and His love for them and they usually receive a hug each day if they go in the 'hug line'. Mama and Papa do their very best for these kids...and I am thankful. But, I am still praying for godly moms and dads that will find room in their hearts for another child who is dreaming of a forever home. These kids just need a chance. Please help me pray about this...and see if you might have an empty bed.

2 comments:

Barb said...

thx for the family photo...glad God has brought them back together..what an awesome God we serve.

Merm's blog said...

i love hearing from you.
miss you, friend!

i'm having dinner with my dad and John Fekete to talk about their trip and prep John on what to expect. What torture... an evening of talking about my favorite place!