Abulardo and Tonito double teaming their tio.
Victor and a not-so-excited baby Alan. Everyone wants their pic with a baby!
Daniella catching up on some homework.
Movie time on a Sunday afternoon
Alan and Angel with his new 'doo'!
Javier fell asleep while leaning over the back of a car...and then fell off. OUCH!!!
Wrestling matches! Pete...I think they're in honor of you!!!
Hesea Edwardo's cute chunky legs. Why oh why do these kind of legs only look cute on babies???
Lupita and her tio!
Felipe
Ramon and Gustavo playing...
Lupita chillin'
Me and Eliosea
Gustavo...what a handsome guy!
Jazmine
Juan Diego, "Cookie" the puppy, and Oscar enjoying some down time.
Alondra, Abulardo and their mom. A happy reunion!
The softest seat on the bus! As time went on...they were out cold!
A multi-talented Israel!
A Sunday afternoon game. Tossing bottle caps into an empty hair gel container. Ramon, tio Willy and Gary had a great time!
Andrea enjoying a sucker!
Me and Luis!!! A happy reunion! On Sunday Luis was at church and he came up to me and said, "Tia Linda, do you remember me?" It took a second, but one look in those beautiful eyes and I said, "LUIS!!!" Thank you, Jesus, for protecting him after he left Lily. He has grown about a foot! It was great to see his smile again!
Our awesome church!
Mundo and tio Gary. We love this young man! He has a very tender, gentle spirit and a hard work ethic! What a joy it is to get to know him!
Say ahhhhh!
Card sharks!
Our girls who qualified to participate in the special soccer 'camp'. Silvia, Daniella, Fabiola, Vicki and Adriana!
Questions....about practicing in this special soccer training camp.
This is a pic of all the girls waiting to hear the results after the professionals were 'scouting' the game the girls played.
Go Silvia!!!
A dust storm make the game difficult to play and watch!
Jim and Beatrice
Fun at Lily
Lorena needs her tongue like Karen Isley needs hers!
A busy kitchen preparing Sunday supper!
Brenda taking requests on the way to church! Don't you love the Jergans lotion bottle mic?
One of last evenings devo songs
Where oh where have I been? I've been here...but my computer gave up the ghost 48 hours ago. No adoption correspondance via e-mail, no blog, no chatting with family via FB. This has been stressful...especially since I have so much to get done...but God knows.
The only reason I can finish this blog that I started over 2 days ago is because a very selfless girl, Belem, heard of my computer problem and she insisted that I borrow hers for now. Luckily I already had the pics uploaded and just needed to write captions and the update. Sooooo, as far as future blog updates, only our Lord knows. I am taking my computer into Chihuahua for my DIF appointment at 2:00 so Alex (my adoption partner) can take a look at it. If he can't fix it, he might know of a place who can. We don't want to spend too much money to try to revive it since it has survived 3 years here at Lily...and it has seen better days. It would be nice to be able to retrieve much needed files, but I leave it in God's hands. I know that Belem wants me to use her laptop as long as I am here, but I am not sure about posting my pics with this set-up. We'll see.
Wellllll, it's COLD again. BRRRR! We woke up to freezing cold temps, frost everywhere...I think even on the tips of our noses! Our little ceramic space heater also died so it has been a chilly morning. No water when it's this cold since everything is frozen. The good news? JESUS SAVES! (I've been rehearsing Habakkuk 3:17-19 in my mind this morning since it's been a tough start!) Last night I went to bed with wet hair...never thinking we would have no water the next day to tame my wild hair-do. Well, a hoodie worked this morning for breakfast, but it will not be suitable for my appointment at DIF. Baseball caps are not acceptable either. I have 2 options. Try a ponytail thing (haven't done it in years and don't even have an elastic band) or swallow my pride and do the George Washington look. I have 4 bobbie pins and lots of prayer. (Sorta feel like David and his small stones.)
Yesterday my patient husband took me fruit and vegetable shopping at the market (thanks again to those who donated for this) and then he took me to Walmart and S-Mart to grocery shop for a special meal for the staff. They have worked so hard this week with Mama and Papa being gone, that we made them a lasagna dinner after the kids were in bed. Let me tell you...they loved it. It was not my best lasagna, but they gobbled it up along with homemade garlic bread, salad and cake. Wish you could have seen their smiles! The ovens still do not work, it it had to bake for a couple of hours...but eventually it bubbled and melted the cheese!
Looks like the Riley adoption is ready to move to the Supreme Court, thanks to many hours of Alex's hard work! It will be a happy day when this case is finalized!!! Today I should find more updates about other termination of rights. I am hoping that the Lord will honor this appointment.
The girls played a great game on Monday evening and won their soccer game. Gary and I were so proud of them. We yelled until we couldn't hardly talk. You should have been there!!!
Hey, Gary just revived our little ceramic heater. I am so thankful for his talent. He also installed my air-card on Belem's computer and got it set up for this posting. Rog...you'll have to give him a kiss!
A couple other requests:
My camera has also absorbed a lot of dust and the 'eye' is hardly opening up. Please pray it will work as long as we are here. I have been faithfully taking tons of pics to post eventually.
My computer would be working again.
Ed and Rosa fly back tomorrow.
Brenda's dad is having surgery on his arm today. He was in a car accident yesterday.
Warmer weather.
Salvation to those who need Jesus!
Thanks for your encouragement. Gary and I sense your prayers. We are hugging the children for you and sending your love. Mark, I do have a pic of your girls, but it might be a while until I can post it. Doing my best.
This morning we drove a truck-load of teen girls to the main campus. Some were able to ride inside the cab and others froze as they rode in the bed of the truck. NEVER ONE COMPLAINT! In fact, they all thanked us over and over for the ride...just like any other morning. Mama and Papa have taught these kids how to be thankful for everything. I was humbled.
3 comments:
oh my javier!!! give him some loving for me! tell adrianna i'm proud of her for making the soccer team! thanks for the photo's and the video's. you know i can't get enough of their singing!! i love you linda.
After P.Marks message Sunday, I'm afraid I'll have to pass on giving Gary a kiss...maybe Fred will. We sure got a kick out of the vidio of Lorena and her tongue. That was cute. We'll also be praying for the Riley adoption to get thru the Supreme Court without any interuptions or more delays. We want those kids here now!!!
As always, please give hugs and kisses to Lorena and all the kids and we'll keep praying.
Hello Linda and Gary,was hoping the weather would improve. March a little more crazy but you guys are Michigan tough. I told Karen you guys wouldn't be bringing chili like she announced cause you are in Mexico. She said " the young Beggs". I almost fell over. I thought the only "old " guy was Roger and me. I don't know why Rog wants to stop kissing Gary now , after all these years. How "trite" We need the presure kept on the Riley case. Sic'em. Get'm while they're hot!! Keep the pics coming, they are great and very refreshing.
Oh Rog, Brenda says you are very dumb for making a statement like that ! What can I say???Out of the mouth of babes.
Post a Comment