Saturday, February 20, 2010


Martha and Adrian...no wonder you are counting down the days to have Julian in your home!!! They train them young, here!

How do you describe life here at Lily? One would think there would be sad faces, hopelessness, and despair at an orphanage. But not here. The first thing you will notice is laughter, genuine love, unselfish giving of oneself and a very sound foundation. Why is that? It's all because of a BIG God! He dwells here in the midst of orphans and He tenderly cares for them through the efforts of people who cry out to Him for total dependency. There are needs and there are answers. Pretty simple. They run out of food and cry out to God for more. They have bills that need to be paid and their pockets are empty so they tell God about it and money is donated.
This place is run by broken people. It is because of this that they love one another deeply and share everything they have. I am ashamed to admit that growing up in the States, I did not learn this. Please don't get me wrong, I have the best parents in the world. They introduced me to the most important thing in my life...GOD. But, somehow in my selfish nature, I never gave everything I had to help those in need. I never totally depended on God for the moments of my every day. When I went over some very rough bumps in life I cried out to God...but as soon as the path was smoother...I took over. Father...please forgive me. I am realizing how totally helpless, hopeless and totally dependent on God that I really am. Satan loves to make us think that we are able to take care of ourselves. In fact, he wants us to be totally self-sufficient (or at least think we are). Today I am shouting this for all the world to hear. "I NEED GOD...EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY. I AM NOTHING WITHOUT HIM. I WANT HIM TO LEAD ME AND GUIDE ME EVERY MOMENT."

Today I hired Silvia to clean our room and the room and Americanos stayed in. I walked her in the empty room...and I couldn't help but notice things they unselfishly left for the children. I stopped and wondered what they were able to take in their hearts from Lily. Will this be a place that forever changes their lives? Will they remember the warm embraces, sweet kisses and smiles? Will the songs of the children keep singing in their hearts? Will the decisions made here be a pivotal point in their lives? Only God knows, but after leaving the empty room, I have been praying harder...

Mama and Papa would be proud of the staff. Things are running smoothly because of many prayers and Ed and Rosa's capable training. The kids are all stepping up and it's 'business as normal'. Thank you, Jesus!!! God is supplying needs!

Gary has been busy working on Brenda's car today and then he will be working with Memo on the apartments more. Pete, Jim Neal and Dawn did a great amount of work to help towards the completion of the Americano apartments. Thank you, guys! You will be blessed for the week you gave up for Lily. I think we still need to work on running electricity to the apartments and installation of the vanity sinks, etc....but we're a lot closer!!! Thank you, Jesus!

Elvida shared her testimony this morning and the parts I picked up on were very touching. At one point she told the children that all she every really wanted was a mom and dad who loved her. Then she asked them who felt the same and about every hand shot up in the air instantly. That is when I lost it. She told them that when she surrendered her life to God, He told her that she was His daughter and it was powerful to her. In my old age, I am realizing how powerful it is to me as well.

Please pray for tonight. I feel like God is leading us to spend the evening wih the teen girls. We will bring junk food, play games and then I want to challenge them to take a stand for God and surrender their lives to Him. Many have raised their hands earlier that they were interested in this but none have individually approached me. So, I am asking the Holy Spirit to reach into the hearts of each one of these girls and do a mighty work. Please pray with me about this.

I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to load the pics...but it's not working. I need your prayer for tonight...so I will publish this with the hopes of the internet being stronger to post the pictures later. Fred and Rog...grab your Kleenex. Sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuses, excuses....just kidding, I'll pray

MamaTod said...

The good news is that David swept like that at the same age....and he still loves to clean! LOL

Love, prayers, and hugs from the Moul's Mountain Gang.