Friday, February 12, 2010


Ana Karen!




Me and my boy, Javier




A personal invitation to play soccer. I had to decline.







Sergio and Jovan





Jovan in the back of our truck. He is such a nice boy.




Some buds on the trees have opened into leaves but there is major damage from the cold weather!





Julian talking on the phone to Adrian. It was so fun watching him!




The gates to enter Lily...one of my favorite sights! Jealous Roger and Fred???




This almost looked like a face to me. Maybe I've been wandering around in the desert for too long...




Cactus...beautiful and yet uninviting.




Alondra is a very responsible girl. This morning she was taking in school supplies for the Lily kids in the elementary school. Each student is required to furnish certain items. Thanks to all of you and your generous donations, they were able to bring in the items that were needed.




I love these moments...some of my favorites!




Two great guys, Jovan and Danny on their way to school.




A new boy, Daniella and Briza




Lovely Leslie




The bus ride to school with Tonito, Israel and Alondra.




Briza




Some type of brownish ointment that was rubbed on a sore leg.




Buds!




I love those cheeks. Very kissable!!!!




Maggie




Jerusalem. Her parents are helping out and doing a great job!




Mark and Chandra...guess whos bed this is????




Cacho! He is growing up so fast! I love his kisses and the way he worships during the devotional songs!




A real treat is to watch the little girls room as they help eachother get ready for school in the mornings. Some do hair, the others help with cream and straightening collars, etc.




Hanging out before school.




Ewing!




A handsome Israel. I love this boy!




Gary found these guys trying to remove the screws from the window on the door to get in the boys laundry room. Apparently they left their key in the room and closed the door. They looked rather sheepish when Gary turned the door handle to discover it never was locked in the first place.




A new boy and Gustavo. They seem to get along well.




I think Alondra slept with her bag and gifts. Pretty wrinkled. This morning she still held on to them tightly!




Ramon and Javier begged for this pic with tio Gary!




Julio, Juan Diego and Antonio




Jazmine and her new jacket! She loves it, Mark and Jean!




Silvia




I saw this table holding hands for the breakfast prayer. Very special! Mireya and her husband, Hosea, are doing a great job with these kids!




Javier is a great leader of the smaller boys. I think he is such a great role model and spiritual leader! Thank you, Jesus, for Javier's salvation!




Sooooo cute! Peek-a-boo!






Lupita




Juanita




Johana and another cute little one!



It has been a great day with the kids. We all froze...but we did it together! Between bus rides, conversations, oodles of hugs and kisses, I give it 5 stars! The only negative is watching the children suffer from the cold. They never really complain because it's just part of their life but this winter has been colder than normal for them. Even our Texas friends don't like the cold!

As I write this, a group of Americanos are driving down to Lily from Michigan/Indiana. They will be driving through the night and should arrive early afternoon. Please keep them in your prayers. Apparently one of them is experiencing flu symptoms...which would not be fun. Hopefully the germs will not cross the border!

Belem did not arrive today due to the snow in Texas. Everyone was disappointed, so we are now counting down the days until Tuesday when her flight has been rescheduled. It's a good thing that "Pedro" and the burrito woman are coming down! The kids are hyped about that!!!

Today the kids had fun in school. Many Valentine's Day parties. Some of the kids came home from school with flowers and candy. But everyone came home with big smiles on their faces!

If you think of it, please help us pray for more vehicles here at Lily. The bus and the van are on the road constantly and it has been very difficult for everyone. We are crying out to God for help!

Gary thought that he was going to get by a day without having to drive into Chihuahua. =) ...maybe another day! He just got back and is whipped. Glad he made it back safe.

I can't believe I am saying these words (I always have to eat my words) BUT I am looking forward to cockroaches, tarantulas, scorpions and snakes. That means WARM weather. (Humble pie is good for the soul although it often causes indigestion!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really know how to hurt a guy Linda, but at least you didn't have Lorena standing at the open gate. I'm sure Fred would agree, but he probably can't remember how to leave a comment. I say that because I had to remind him how to get on the blog. I would love to see all the kids again in person, but for now the pics will have to do. Annie Riley is keeping track of the days before we go down there again. She tells me every Sunday. Have a good weekend and worship services tomorrow. Please give my love to Lorena and all the staff and kids.

fred said...

I see every one weraing coats and hats...its definetly toooooo ccccccccold for me....last time I had to stop in Dallas for a week to Thaw out....I love looking at the pics.....keep em coming....I will wait till later to go down...it might be quicker than even I think,...thinking of going down for a couple days,,,,me and the boys...I need another driver...ma contemplating...

Anonymous said...

well if anyone comes through dallas they should pick me up for the ride.

Linda thanks for the pictures! we are praying that everything for the bus goes through and we can bring it down soon! Stay warm! i wish i was there to warm up some kids!