A relaxed Ramon enjoying another Coke and Milky Way after running errands with us this morning. He is getting spoiled...and it's fun!!!
Handsome Ramon...filled with peace and joy.
Guess who was destroying this chair????
Caught with the foam in his mouth...Abelardo. Yes...he does get fed.
Typical home in Aldama.
Ramon, Santana, Keith and Becky Arnett. They love the kids and the kids love them! It's a good fit!
Backpacks and more backpacks ready for school each morning....
Julio and Hosea Miguel
Jackie and Gabby...sis's
The Primary school Basketball team that has 3 of our girls playing on it.
Lupita...who was high scorer!
Karla who is a very good player...
Lupita and Ruby play well together!
Silvia and Briza
Finally talked Santana into a hair cut.
We look like twins...only his hair is longer!
Tonio knows how to swing a mop like a pro...
Emily and her boyfriend at Moi's home. They are a great couple!!!
4 of the 6 Riley children
Who else but Julio...
Belem and Ramon
Karen and Katie. Katie is great with all the kids! They love her.
A very hungry Oliver
A happy Jean and Leslie...mother and daughter. They are very close.
Today is a day of joy for the Fekkens and the Huizengas because they're on the plane. Down here...there were tears of sadness because Ramon and Marta are leaving the family. Everyone knew that they were going to be adopted but I think that deep down inside, they never really expected it to happen ...at least not so soon. When Papa made the announcement, there were gasps and sudden tears. It almost seemed as if Papa were announcing their death. The unfortunate thing is that Mama and Papa are gone for the day and won't be back until tomorrow morning around 10:00 so the announcement to all the children was made this morning before they left. Marta has been sick in bed with a pulled muscle in her back and a fever from a bug that has been going around. So it was tough on everyone. But, let me tell you about yesterday. As soon as I got word about the finalization, we asked to go and get Ramon. He had been out at the new boys dorm doing guard duty for the past few days. Gary and I drove up in the truck with a Coke and a Milky Way for him and wisked him off to the orphanage. We thought it would be best if Ed and Rosa told him the news of the finalization personally so we keep our mouths shut. (Boy was that ever hard!) But, the Lord prompted us to talk to him (in our very broken Spanish) about turning his life over to God. We asked him if he had been thinking about our last talk with him about this. He nodded and said that he had been thinking about it a lot and he thought he was ready to let God be the ruler of his life. We wanted to wait until Mama and Papa were with us to make sure he knew what he was doing. So the ride back to the orphanage was filled with great conversation and God gave us the ability to have the right words to say. We had to wait until after the evening meal and devotions...and then Papa and Mama had them come over to our house to tell them in private the news that their new parents were flying in tonight and they will be picked up Thursday morning. Poor Marta was already sicker than a dog and Ramon had no idea what was coming but they received the news with gladness and fear (of the unknown). It was then that we told Papa and Mama about our conversation with Ramon and they talked with him for a few minutes to see if he was sincere...and he was. So, last evening, Ramon Fekken gave his life to Jesus Christ and Mama and Papa was there to witness it. We were all crying and praising our faithful God. If I were to ask Roger and Luanne if the wait was worth it...I know what their answer would be. YES! Thank you, Jesus! This morning as Gary and I took Ramon into town to run some errands, he was a different boy. He is filled with peace and he radiates God.
Rileys...your time is coming. Hold on. Your kids know they'll be in Michigan soon...and they are ready! Angel spent a lot of time in his room yesteday, reflecting on your visit. Leslie was reading a book that Jean gave her. Jazmine? She was rather quiet...but there was also a look of anticipation in her eyes. They know their day is coming.....!
As soon as Ramon is in US soil...Alex and I are charging on to the next adoptions with a firey passion. It's such a cool thing to see a child, who really has nothing..including hopes and dreams...find their forever family. It's just like we all were without Jesus. Things were hopeless...but when you turn your life over to God and His Kingdom, you have hope...you have dreams and you finally have a forever family! Very cool. From there...the sky is the limit. Here's what I read in my devotions this morning. "We are able to have as much of God as we want. Christ puts the key to His treasure chest in our hands and invites us to take all we desire. If someone is allowed into a bank vault, told to help himself to the money, and leaves without one cent, whose fault is it if he remains poor? And whose fault is it that Christians usually have such meager portions of the free riches of God?" -Alexander Maclaren
This morning Gary is in Chihuahua picking up some donated office furniture from the Republic of Mexico congressman. Then this morning Ed and Rosa are meeting with a businessman's assoiation and they will be donating some money to the orphanage. Thank you, Jesus!!!
Today the blue truck has another flat...they should not even try to repair the tires. Merm...are you guys still bringing tires? The white van is down too...don't know the problem yet. Gary is in the blue van with the sick tranny...hoping to make it back home. We need some vehicles, Jesus. I'm quite excited to see what God is going to do. Oh yeah, the conference this weekend? OUR GUYS ARE GOING!!! We got a reduced rate on the tickets, made a connection with a ministry in Juarez that will let our guys stay in a house for free...and some money came in from you guys! Thanks. God is faithful. "Morning by morning new mercies I see...."
Since Roger is on the plane as I am writing this (and not able to try to defend himself), I want to share with you what he said to me this morning. "Linda, I'm sorry, but I didn't have time to get a short haircut before I get on the plane." I quickly told him that I didn't know what hair he could cut. He is still naughty.
Prayer requests: Marta and Ramon as they are about to make many adjustments. The Fekkens and Huizengas...as they are going to be new parents...Fekkens have never raised a boy...and Huizengas have never raised a girl. Also for the Hart Baptist Church (my home church that we dearly miss) that they will love on these kids and welcome them in very creative ways. (I know they will do this.) There is also an awesome Hispanic church in Shelby...and I am praying that they will be able to help these kids and mentor them in their own tongue until they are fluent in English. For any of you who have great mexican food recipes...that are mexican and not american/mexican (big difference), please share your recipes and food with them. I know what it is like to crave familiar food. Also, Gary is feeling better, but he has shared that nasty cold with me and it is hitting me hard. I have been running on pure adreneline the past 2 days...but I'm slowing down now.
An update that is very typical: Gary drove all over Chihuahua with a helper who was supposed to know where he is going. They finally found the first address...but were then directed to another address where they were lost again. After more than an hour, they are told to come back without the furniture. These are the days that Gary struggles with. Please pray for him. Also, I just learned that Nico is permanently expelled from school because of a fight. Sometimes it is hard and we cry.
Fred and Barb...I apologize for no pics of your kids. I can tell you that they're getting sweeter and sweeter. I just haven't had my camera when they are around. As soon as I'm able...I'll make up for it. :)
5 comments:
I'm sitting here at my desk sobbing. Most of them...tears of joy, but some tears of sorrow for Ramon and Marta as I know today is a very hard day for them. I keep trying to put myself in the position of saying goodbye to the only life I knew. Saying goodbye to the couple that I called Mom and Dad for as long as I can remember....and saying goodbye to my siblings. My heart aches for them. However, I am soo excited to have them here and I cannot wait to love on them! I know that God is going to bless these families greatly. I also have to admit that I'm excited to have two cases closed and final. Next the Rileys...then somewhere down the line...the Fessendens :) I can hardly wait to see what God has in store!
Praise Jesus! O God I praise you for you alone are worthy!
Why you would pour out your blessings on us I will never understand. We are so fickle yet you desire, yes long to partner with us. Thank you for Ramon's salvation and the adoptions you have granted. Use us, change us. Help us to nurture these lillies you have transplanted from the valley in Mexico to a snowbank in Michigan.
Thank you prayer partners! Let's spend some time praising our Faithful Father and be not weary in well-doing.
Al(Gordo) from FBC-Hart
WOW !!!!.....sounds like you keep yourself pretty busy.....you make me tired just listening to you...All the news is great...am very happy for everybody....it sounds like there will be a good get together there in Chihuahua in the next few days....can hardly wait....I see the weather will be in the 80' this week end....told Roger thst as he was at the airport ...he was real glad..seems like all things are falling together...I sure miss not seeing our kids, but I do understand, it's nice to see all the other kids too...so that other parents can enjoy and adopt too....looks like new ones there....enjoy them all...all GOD'S children...it seems I will miss when Marta and Ramon get here and I feel bad, BUT!!!....I will be with our kids and I will get over it...and am sure our Church will make them feel most welcome...ALL IS WELL!! see ya later....Fred
Linda, one unintended consequence of this blog is that it has forced Mr. "I-hate-computers" Al to learn to use one; he doesn't want to wait around for me to find stuff on it for him. lol
Love to all, Dorothy
I'm so excited for the Fekkens and Huizengas! Today is an incredible day for them. Roger called when they got off the plane in Dallas last night. Wow, I can't imagine the thrill! I read him the story about Ramon accepting Christ thru tears and blubbering. Thanks Linda and Gary for your faithfulness there! What a Sunday it will be when these two kids walk into First Baptist!
Linda, the biggest difference I see between you and the young man you were posing with is your lack of sun!!
God bless you all!
Post a Comment