Silvia...the milk lady...
Lovely Lupita
David & Ramon
Yazmine, Tio Gary & Armondo hanging out...
ahhh...Marta...
Samuel and his music. Hey Fred, his amplifier is ruined. Can you help him out???
Cecilia, Johana and Esalla
Jackie & Andrea
Johana...what a beautiful girl you are!!!
Briza...I think!
Fabiolo & Ramon...buds!
Me with an 18 year old bundle of sweetness.
Marta...the homeless girl...but not for long!!!
Marta and the cute Armondo
Javier, Armondo & Daniel
Gary & Silvia
Javier & Tia Celsa
Sisters! Brenda and Karen
Alveda giving Ramon writing lessons. How patient she is!!!
Peek-A-Boo Andrea!!!
It's COOKIE time!!!
It's never hard to find cookie assistants...
or cookie tasters!
A sweet temptation for Tia Celsa!
Karla with a dusting of flour on her cheek. The mark of a true chef!
This evening we (Gary and I) were sent to Chihuahua to pick up a 'few things'. Rosa knew we didn't know where the stores were...so she sent an older teenager and an older young adult who is a deaf mute. Well, the older teenager ( I won't mention her name) couldn't remember where the stores were...and the deaf mute wasn't really any help. :) So, we drove around Chihuahua and saw many sights. Finally we stopped and asked for directions...and we made it to our destination. Since we took the scenic route to the store...we didn't have much hope of a speedy return. It was now night...even more intimidating for a gringo. We toured several residential subdivisions in the richer section and then, yes, the poorer section. Eventually we made it back home...only 2 hours longer than we anticipated. But we are in Mexico...everything is later. So maybe we were on time, I don't know. When we finally drove in, Rosa was glad to see us because she said she was starting to worry. Well, I was too...about 3 hours earlier. On our way home, in the dark, we were driving the white van and it started to make me chuckle. This is such a miracle of God. The van Gary was driving had headlights that droop, the severely cracked windshield had so much dust and grime on it that it was impossible to see out when headlights came towards us. Everything rattles and you don't know if you'll loose anything over the speed bumps. This van hesitates and needs some major tuning...maybe even a plugged catalytic converter. It is totally filthy inside and I won't mention the odors. Anyway, you get the picture. The ironic thing is...this vehicle is totally an UN-Gary vehicle. All of our vehicles were in tip top shape. Here my husband, who has immaculate vehicles, is bouncing down the road in this crazy van and he is OK with it...even has a smile on his face. I know the parting of the red sea was a huge miracle...and turning the water into wine...but this miracle that I witnessed tonight ranks right up there. If you don't believe me...ask our kids. :)
During the past few weeks, I have lived with these precious children and can easily see their potential. But, my heart is broken because they are here since they have no 'family'. Yes, they are a family here...but you know what I mean. No mom and dad just for them. No one to tuck them in at night. No one to hold them when they are hurt. No one to bake cookies with them. Why? I think it is because people are just too comfortable where they are at. Adopting is a lot of work, and let's face it, raising a child is a lot of work. It is full of risks. But when I read God's Word...Jesus was a risk taker...and He loved children. Who are we supposed to pattern our lives after??? I really don't think we're supposed to sit back and build more barns. We have just a few years down here on this earth...let's make them count...for everyone!!!
The other day in my devotions, I came across this: "My child, I have a message for you today. Let me whisper it in your ear so any storm clouds that may arise will shine with glory, and the rough places you may have to walk will be made smooth. It is only four words, but let them sink into your inner being, and use them as a pillow to rest your weary head. "This is MY doing." Have you ever realized that whatever concerns you concerns me too? For whoever touches you touches the apple of my eye? You are precious and honored in my sight. Therefore it is my special delight to teach you. I want you to learn when temptations attack you, and the enemy comes in "like a pent-up flood", that "this is my doing" and that your weakness needs My strength, and your safety lies in letting Me fight for you. Are you in difficult circumstances? "This is my doing." I am the God of circumstances. You did not come to this place by accident--you are exactly where I meant for you to be. Today I place a cup of holy oil in your hands. Use it freely, My child. Anoint with it every new circumstance, every word that hurts you, every interruption that makes you impatient, and every weakness you have. The pain will leave as you learn to see Me in all things. --Laura A. Barter Snow
The disappointments of life are simply the hidden appointments of love. -C.A. Fox
Hey, I don't have time to edit this...hope it's OK. It's way past my bedtime! Love ya!
2 comments:
Mark and I are several months into our adoption process. It is a never ending expensive mound of paper work and waiting. It is hard work. But as I think about that and I remember my pregnancies...months of bed rest, high blood pressure, early but long hard labors...I think about what kind of work that was. I also think about what Chad and Christy went through to have their children...what hundreds of thousands of people go through to have babies. The end result of this process is the same. We will be blessed with children from God...if it's His will. It's really not work at all. It brings as much joy as the labor pains did once you look at your child for the first time. It kind of puts things in a whole new perspective. This blog really touched my heart. Thank you for sharing.
P.S. Please give Sylvia a hug from me. I miss her!
Post a Comment