Goodbyes...
Tears of parting...
Seperation of a family hurts
A goodbye to a great principal
and a teacher.
Papa and his kids. He thanked them for the opportunity to be their papa. Tears were shed again.
A final prayer and commission...
one last hug. It was so hard to let go.
Chad and Christi with their new daughter...Martha Bethlehem Huizenga
Roger and Luanne with their new son...Ramon Fekken
Ever and his brother
Jasmine!!!
My shadow, Bonifacio
Luce and Belem outside their school.
Andrea!!!
Cielo...you're a cutie!
Briza and her schoolwork.
Buried underneath everything is a sleeping Johana. School tires them out!!!
Naptime for Maggie!
Sergio and Samuel...buds!
Angel, Jesus, Ever and Johana
Josmar and Berto. I love these boys.
Josmar and his brother will be leaving this Sunday with their grandmother. I will cry. They are beautiful boys.
Grandpa and Leslie enjoying a talk during a warm relaxed evening.
A very dusty wind!!!
Nohema can fix almost anything...
Even cell phones!
I see you, Jackie!!!
More physical time...I'm glad Gary is here to fill that need.
Briza and Cielo
Angel is excited about moving to Michigan in the near future!
3 little pigs...are not little anymore!
Gabby and Briseyda finding beautiful rocks!!!
The sunsets are just beautiful!
Katie, Santana and kids enjoying a warm evening outside!
Ever working on his homework. I love this boy!!!
Antonio!
Esayla chose to do her homework outside.
Kids playing soccer with the beautiful mountains in the background.
Hey praying friends...the labor was intense and patience was tested, but the Fekkens and Huizengas are receiving the birth certificates to their new children today. I have never given birth to teenagers before...but the new moms and dads are doing great. They all have a sorta familiar look that you see in the OB ward. It's the happy but dazed look that says...this is really happening to us...OK, God, we need you now more than ever. The Huizenga and Fekken families left the orphanage yesterday morning after the kids had a chance to say goodbye to their friends before school. Both Ramon and Marta were called to the front after devotions and the kids lined up and gave hugs and exchanged last minute promises to not forget eachother. The tears were flowing and it was a very solemn time. They are not just friends...they are brothers and sisters. A family had to be broken to form new families. Right before they drove off, Ed had prayer with Marta and Ramon and reminded them that they are missionaries in Oceana County now. The prayers of everyone left behind will always be with them. The next step for the new families will be a plane trip to Mexico City. Tenatively they are planning to fly in Sunday evening and stay with the Navarette family. Monday will be spent getting the passports. Then, the Lord willing, they will be flying the Juarez on Tuesday. It sounds like several hours will be needed at Juarez. Then they will be free to cross the border with their new kids. My projection is that they will be flying home on Tuesay. Of course, I am the optimist. :)
I learned another lesson the Karely today as I picked up the little ones from school. She was singing to the top of her lungs "Open the Eyes of My Heart, Lord". Well...when she decided to sing the english version...she sang, "Open the eyes of my heart, Lord, I want to cheat you...I want to cheat you." (I can't tell you how many times I have worried about the actual spanish words I sing due to ignorance and poor hearing.) Anyway, she then reminded me that it was her turn to steer the van down the dusty side road to the orphanage. So, I had her climb on my lap and we went bouncing down the road with her hands tightly gripping the steering wheel. The only problem...she does a lousy job of steering. There are crazy big rocks along the side of the road that didn't seem to bother her...because she kept heading us right towards them. About every 5 seconds I had to grab the steering wheel and make an adjustment to keep us on course. Whenever I did, she let me know that she could do it...and tried to swat my hands off. It seemed so foolish to me as she tried to fight me from helping her. Then, the Lord spoke to my heart and reminded me of my foolishness. Many times I try to swat God's hands off the steering wheel...I think I am doing just fine...when I'm really headed towards the ditch. Then that song she so innocently sang..."I want to cheat You, I want to cheat You", rang through my mind. How many hundreds of times have I cheated Jesus from helping me? I ask Him to open the eyes of my heart...and then I cheat Him by putting my hands on the steering wheel. Father...I want you to open the eyes of my heart...and I promise to keep my hands off the steering wheel. Whatever and whenever...I am willing. Today Gary is headed to Juarez with Ed and 3 other guys. Please help me pray that God would open the eyes of their hearts as well. May Your Holy Spirit, Father, speak to them and renew them. I am expecting great things...because we serve a great God, don't we? I guess I need to say that if anyone is reading this blog and doesn't have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ by surrendering their life to Him, I urge you to do this. You will be amazed by this awesome God. Your life will never be the same. We have an awesome church that is passionately pursuing God! If you want to meet this God...call one of our Pastors and I know they will gladly talk with you about Him and His Kingdom. Church # is 231-873-2514
A great friend, Jim Morgan, sent down the newest Brooklyn Tabernacle CD for us to enjoy. It has refreshed us and ministered to us in so many ways. A particular song, "I'll Say Yes, Lord", is my heart cry. "I'll say yes Lord I'll say, Yes. To Your will, Lord. I'll say yes. Where You lead me I will go. I'll say yes, Lord. I'll say yes."
We just received word, that our dog, Buddy, ran away. Our hearts are broken. Please help us pray that our daughter and her husband will find him.
Quick update. One last paper that has to be finished for Huizenga's birth certificate will be completed on Monday morning. Then they plan to fly to Mexico city that evening. Everything else will be pushed a day back.
6 comments:
Hi!
I know you don't know me but my dad, sister, and I are coming to visit Lily in a week..I was wondering if you had an email address so I could ask you some questions about some things? Just let me know. Thanks!
~Linnea Young
you could email me scotthegg@charter.net i will try to answer you questions. i have been there a couple of times
I can't imagine the emotions you must all be dealing with down there right now. Praise God Ramon and Martha are on their way home!!! However, the pain of leaving everyone behind and the pain of those left behind must be intense. I'm praying for you all! I am hoping that they all get home before Mark and I fly out, but we might pass them in the sky. I talked to my mom and dad yesterday and they are all doing great. They have a relaxing time planned for the weekend at the hotel. Can't wait to see you all....oh...and we are praying for you and Gary too Linda, that Buddy is found!
My e-mail address is lsbeggs@yahoo.com
Looking forward to meeting you.
Linda
I am so happy for Luann!! Everyone else also, but I spend every Wednesday evening talking to Luann (and watching nursery AWANA babies), and it has been fun to share her excitement and share in her frustrations. But as I read the blog, I couldnt help but to cry for the sadness of everyone. The fear of the unknown, the knowledge that nothing will ever "be the same". I think this is the moment that everyone has been waiting for...to know that it is reality, not just talk! God's Blessings on ALL!!!
Hey we (Fekkens and Huizengas) are doing great. The kids are adjusting. Martha calls Ramon "Fekken" and Ramon calls Martha "Huizenga". They do this from the back of the rented pickup, very loudly, while driving thru town. The proud parents sit in the cab of the truck (we do allow them in the cab, but they prefer the back). Huizengas brought Martha a camera for a late Christmas present and she is capturing memories for her and Ramon. So far 445 pictures in 2 days. We are staying at a Holiday Inn Suite and it is very nice. We have a apartment with 2 bedrooms (one guys/girls) a full living room and kitchen. There is a pool, hot tub, computers, full breakfast, basketball court, pool table and more. In case your wondering the weather is wonderful and if we were not being rushed for time we would consider staying right here for a while.
As far as our time line things are uncertain, but it seems we will pick up the last documents Monday am and then fly to Mexico City that afternoon. We will spend Tuesday getting passports and then fly to Juarez and spend Wed, Thurs, Fri...getting US to review our papers and do medical checks on the kids. This part is 24 hours or more so at best we might be done friday and come home saterday but one snag and it will delay over the weekend and then who knows...
Thanks for all the prayers.
Fekkens & Huizengas
Post a Comment