Friday, February 29, 2008

Fred and Barb are here!!! And more are on the way!!!


Another beautiful sunset...




The heavens declare the glory of the Lord!




A tuckered out Andrea after preschool.




Barb carrying a tired Karelly




Abuelardo and his brother Julio




Elveda, Juanita and Mireya love their headbands!




Silvia and crazy Marcos modeling the pretty headbands donated by Karen!




Cielo, Esmirelda and Briza showing off their new headbands!




Johana left her tag on for school. This really pulled at my heart. I don't know if she loved the headband or the tag on it to show it was new the most. They are used to used things...and cherish new things!!!




No...Nico really doesn't drive. No worries!!!




Gary and Brenda...




always blaming eachother!




!




Bean sorting by Jazmine!!!




It's a lot of work...but many hands make make it go faster!!!




Lauren and Andrea...




Snuggling is so much fun!!!




It's Johana!!!




Jackie and Karelly...they are sure cute!




4 on 1...and Mary Ellen didn't win




Mary Ellen and Andrea




Vito and the twins...




always brings double smiles!!!




Nico and Silvia...just acting like a brother and sister!




Vito and Karla...a special duo!




Tonio at the feet of Vito...a very common sight!




Leslie...I'm sure she's dreaming of Michigan!




Margarita and Lorena...homework again




Lorena's homework...I worked with her for over an hour on this paper...it made no sense to me!




Jazmine is a sweetie pie!


The last couple of months, the kids have been lavished with gifts and trinkets. So, I waited until today to hand out some awesome headbands to the girls. It made a very fun morning...there was so much excitement. Silvia was in charge of distributing them to the girls who don't usually get pretty things and I let Silvia choose her favorite one first. Well, her very favorite color is fushia and there was a beautiful headband with that color on it. You would have thought she was given a gift worth millions by the smile on her face. She carefully put it on her head and ran to look in a mirror. It looked so pretty on her. Well, Barb and I rode on the bus to pick the kids up from school...and I noticed it was gone. I didn't want to ask and waited until dinner for her conversation. She has a best friend at school (I have met her at school a couple of weeks ago) and she is a very well-to-do girl from Aldama. Silvia and her are the best of friends. Apparently this friend of Silvia commented on how pretty this headband was. So, Silvia took it off her head and gave it to her friend. If you could have seen the joy in Silvia's eyes...to think she gave her friend something that was so beautiful. I am ashamed that my first reaction was....WHY did you do that, Silvia???? Luckily I just 'thought it' and didn't show my selfishness. These kids have hearts of gold. If they see someone who needs or wants something...they are quick to give all they have. I'm sure her friend could buy several of those from her allowance but Silvia was thrilled to give her best away. Another example of this selflessness was taught to me by Nohema. Earlier in the evening, Brenda and Nohema appeared in the cafeteria with a SALAD! A real salad. My mouth watered just thinking about it. They had saved up their money and bought all the makings for a salad and spent quite a bit of time preparing it. I was cleaning up in the kitchen after making a huge batch of cinnamon rolls for the children in the morning. After going to our house and catching up on last minute e-mail there was a knock on the door. Well, guess who???? Nohema with a big bowl of salad for me. I wanted to say "No, it cost too much...you eat it yourself." But, she was so excited to share it with me...her eyes were dancing with delight! I humbly took the salad from her outstretched arms and confessed to Jesus that I am so ashamed and not worthy of their big hearts. I came down here to help them...and I am the one blessed. Father, help me to let go of everything I have and jump into Your arms. Jesus, You are all I need.

Hey, something funny. You know you're a full-timer at Lily when you forget to change your clothes from the day before...when you automatically try to open the vehicle door from the inside handle (because the outside one is broke off), and when you eat the rice...protein and all with a smile. Maybe I'll love tuna in my eggs next week!!! :)

Hey, this last blog posting has taken over 4 hours and I've about pulled my hair out...(what hair I have left). Anyway...Fred said that since he's here...I don't have to post the blog anymore. Is this true???

MARTA AND RAMON UPDATE: Both passports are now in their hands and they will be flying to Juarez tomorrow morning at 11:30. Thank you, Jesus!!! They have their first appointment in Juarez Monday morning at 8:00. If all goes well, they should be on American soil by Monday evening. God is bigger than governmental protests! Praise the Lord!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO, it is not true that you can quit because Fred is there. He and Roger aren't the only ones who check several times a day to see if there is any news; we at the Moul house do also!

Sending love and prayers to you all.

Anonymous said...

Naw! Keep the blog going, but just once let Fred be in charge of it!:)
I told you before you went down to Mexico that I was concerened about your health, and I knew you would burn the candle at both ends, and you are! But we are the benificiaries (sp?) of your late night labor. Thanks! Now be SURE and put Fred to work!!!

Unknown said...

Dear Gary and Linda,

This is Katie's Entner's mom, Deb! Someone just shared this blog website with me, and from just looking at yesterday's post, I can see just what a huge impact this will have on Lilly's ministry, God willing!! I can't wait to browse through it! Don't forget to give the MA team a hard time! :) Thank you both for modelling true servants of Christ. Sincerely, Deb Dooley

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda,
That sounds real good about being on American soil...but...we have to clear all our papers then schedule an appointment with the clinic-doctor and do complete medical checks on the kids. We came here knowing that they also need a TB test that need 3 days for an answer. There may be a loophole in that they might only be required on kids 14 & under. We are not sure if this is a typo or just (finally) good news from the government. We also need to get flights home from Texas...for 6..all together, since the 2 amigos are inseperable. Thanks again for all the prayers.
Fekkens & Huizengas

Anonymous said...

It´s Rog, Linda, just because we´re in Mexico does´nt mean you can slack off on the blog as suggested by you know who. Fred and I will have to have a talk when we both get back. I still love the pics of the kids ,especially Lorena as you well know. Love you guys.

PS I sure love my new son!!!!

Anonymous said...

We appreciate your labor of love and keep on praying. I just don't know how many times these kids names are on the lips of FBC before our Lord. It is unreal.

Isaiah 43-
"I will say to the north, give them up, I will say to the SOUTH, don't hold them back, send my SONS and my daughters from afar...."

We love ya Beggs.
Give our Uncle Andy a big whole Mexican hug for the Nienhuis klan.

Abuela judy said...

HOLA Happy to see Fred and Barb have gotton there and settled in..Please tell Fred he looks like Pied Piper..
Este Abuela judy...Mi nuevo nieta and nieto,s are Brenda and Bino and Samuel.. por favor dar them mucho abrazo,s and besos.

I do enjoy all the foto,s and information as to what is happening at the orphanage. My eyse fill with tears when I look into the eyes of the children.
But know you all are working so hard to show those children love and taking good care of them.
My prayers go out to you all.
Oh por favor dar Fred mucho trabajo. He,s been resting all winter so he would be strong for his time with the children.. lol
God Bless
Abuela judy