Monday, March 1, 2010

Yesterday we had a very strong wind storm which left us with no electricity or water until this morning. Sid and Shawn (sp?) arrived late morning and had time to settle in before the wind/rain storm. The part of no electricity is not that bad in itself...but no water...in a desert with many children can make things tough. Thankfully the electricity was restored to the main campus by evening so most everyone could get some water. Late this morning our water up at the older girls dorm came on! Hooray!

Yesterday was a very difficult day. Satan and his forces were fighting. It began with dead batteries on the bus that would not accept a 'jump'. So...we had our own service here. If you could have seen the look on the faces of the kids. SUCH DISAPPOINTMENT. In the states I think that we take stuff like this for granted. I know I do. These kids love church and love school and they are so sad when they cannot attend. The 'new' vehicle that we just purchased did make it to church with a staff memeber, but during the service, someone busted out the front passenger side window to steal a backpack. On top of that there was many relationship issues that Mama and Papa had to deal with (all part of having a lot of kids). I did get cookies made with the crazy ovens. I had to set the convection ovens at 500 degrees and bake each batch for 38 minutes. Crazy, huh?!!! Oh well...they had cookies to end the day right! Chocolate makes everything better!!!

BUT...the GOOD NEWS!!! Silvia's dad came yesterday for another visit. What a drastic change in his appearance. Where there was such hardness and anger in his face, a deep peace and joy replaced it. His heart is so tender now that he is walking with the Lord. What a joy to witness this transformation. This dad is now living in El Paso, Texas and he made a special trip just so we could have a 'follow-up' conversation about the Lord. The best news is that all his children were sitting at the table as we were talking about his new life. I could tell that there has been a 'calling' on Nico's heart since his dad was saved. Yesterday after I finished speaking with Nico's dad (with Ed translating), Nico said he would like to surrender his life to God as well. It was such a thrill! He has such a repentent prayer and in the background I could hear his dad sobbing. All glory to God! This family is slowly but surely coming to the Lord. I had an honest talk with Lupita about playing the 'Christian game' and told her that we were all going to be praying for her. She said she was not ready to surrender yet, but I know that the Lord is dealing with her heart. Please continue to pray for her!

My computer is still dead and it looks like I will have to replace it once we get back home. So, please know that I have TONS of pics to share with you...but they will be delayed. We are leaving early Wednesday morning and heading to Dallas to spend the evening/night with some precious friends. The next morning we will be heading to Virginia to visit our son for his ordination.

I have updated the 'official birthday calendar' so everyone's name should be on it to celebrate! Also, in the hallway I have put of pics of each child so they will feel a part of Lily! Thanks, Chilo, for constructing these boards, and Dawno...thanks for painting them! The kids now spend most of their time in the hallway gawking at their own pics! Very funny!

Tomorrow at 2 our time, I have a VERY IMPORTANT MEETING WITH DIF. Please help me pray about this. We have a critical situation and we need a miracle. Thanks in advance for your prayers!

2 comments:

Chad -n- Christi Huizenga said...

That is such an encouraging story about Lupita's family. Can you bring some of those chocolate chip cookies to DIF or would that be considered a bribe. Glad the picture boards are working out. Have a safe trip home.

Anonymous said...

We will definately be praying for your meeting with DIF tomorrow. The Lord is still in the business of doing miracles. Silvia's father may be one?? We'll pray for salvation for the rest of the family and all kids as well.

Hugs for Lorena and the kids please. Feel free to call if you have any truck problems on the way home. I'll send Fred down with his Chevy to help you out. Actually I'll go with him.