Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lupita Surrendered!

Great news!!! This morning Lupita came up to me and told me she is now a Christian. I asked when and she said, it was during the night. I grabbed Belem and Papa to make sure I could share the story correctly. Lupita said that she had fallen asleep and then was woken by a audible voice calling out to her, "Lupita, I want you to become a Christian." She said she tried to ignore it and she became scared because this voice would not leave her. Over and over this voice asked her to surrender her life and become a Christian. She tried to fall back asleep and then she felt the presence of God touching her heart so strong that she could resist no longer. Finally, Lupita asked God to save her and she repented of her sins. Tears were flowing down her cheeks this morning as she shared her story. Her face is glowing and now she is experiencing this peace that Silvia, her dad and Nico have. Isn't God awesome?!!! This is truly a work of the Lord and we give Him all the glory!!!

Today is a very rough day for Sergio (big Sergio who is on staff here at Lily). Today was Sergio's mom's birthday (she died several years ago) and tomorrow is Sergio's birthday. They used to celebrate their birthdays together when he was a young boy. I asked if his dad was still alive and I was told that he is in jail...for killing Sergio's mom. The worst part is that Sergio witnessed this. I just can't believe the pain that these kids (both young and old) have experienced. It breaks my heart. I have mentioned this so you can help me pray for Sergio today and tomorrow. Perhaps this will be a birthday that will be filled with tears of joy and that God will erase all those hurtful memories and replace them with good ones.

I am packing up today (Gary is still doing last minute repairs on things). DIF appointment today at 2:00, Mama and Papa are renewing their vows at a special service this evening and then it will be "Hasta lluego". I am not ready to go, but I am comforted with the thought of being back in April and then in June. Thank you, Jesus for these tremendous opportunities!

This afternoon I am retuning Belem's computer to her so I will not have e-mail access until the 9th of this month, the Lord willing. If you anyone needs to contact us, please use our cell phones. We should have service by the end of the day tomorrow.

By the way...still taking pics! Stay tuned! It will just be a LONGGGGG commercial-free break!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still waaaaaaaaiting !!! So glad and happy for Lupita. She's such a sweetie. Heaven wouldn't be the same without her.

Have a safe trip home. See ya soon and thanks for all that you guys do for the kids and the cause of Christ.