src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjpt6sX4gVfiUaEneoSsaDDgNGNsCFMbAFSGftejeApMTPc9voo80MpPMyHsRg4tNR0OXwTKSiEeETIAYs9ZbZi-JvE_I9-myfLDp-EGQ-NYOsZ8KPKp57TUwRuQ0xKIatc30FVeRwkmD8/s320/071.JPG" />
The pics are in chronological order if you start with the breakfast pic of a cookie, papaya/banana and half a quesadilla and they begin with Thursday morning (about 2/3 way down). Then go back up for the continuation. I apologize for the ways these pics are loading but I had to choose: post in a confusing order NOW or wait until tomorrow. I know you parents appreciate the pics! You can see pics of the teens preparing for the food donations at Pastor Saulo’s church. Friday was the team’s ‘fun’ day. It began with devotions and a soccer game in Chihuahua. The Guachochi team met us there and it was a great opportunity to cheer on the Lily team. From there we went to the market to purchase some food donations for Lily and witness to Ricardo. With the team praying in the background, Jazmine assisted me in translating. We talked to him in the back produce room with several interruptions. However after clearly explaining his need of salvation, he said that he has felt for the past few months that God has been calling him but he did not know how to find God. After several minutes of interrupted conversation, He decided to surrender his life the Jesus Christ. However, he was afraid that if his boss would see him standing around talking, he might lose his job. So, I bought a case of fresh pineapples and he delivered it to our van at the back of the parking lot. He then, prayed with us to accept Jesus Christ into his life. We praise the Lord for his faithfulness. Later after that, Ricardo brought some of his family to meet us in Aldama later in the evening to fellowship with our group and ask for prayer for his family. I believe that God had big plans for this family. Satan is fighting, but God is greater!!!
For supper, we visited ‘The Brothers’ for a VERY DELICIOUS taco dinner. At the end we had a great surprise. Ricardo did show up so our team surrounded his family for prayers of protection and salvation for his wife, daughters and sister.
After meeting with Ricardo, we blessed Johanna and Pedro with a renewal of their vows in the town square and out group bought them wedding bands. It was such a special moment in their lives! A night we will never forget.
Finally, we strolled over to our favorite ice cream store. Yumm!!!
Tonight, I am sitting in my favorite chair at home in Mears, however my heart is still pouring over an amazing week I was able to experience with the hardest working teens I’ve ever seen. God blessed Lily as well as our team. We are returning as different people and I am so excited to see what the future has for each one of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment