Monday, June 9, 2014

A Day of Servanthood

The Guachochi team left early this morning and Papa and Pedro joined them. They arrived in Guachochi at 5 in the afternoon. Everyone is doing well. They are ready to start work projects in the morning. The team here at Lily began painting today and have accomplished much in spite of the heat. The kids are staying hydrated and around 2 everyone came back to rest after working out in the sun. We made over 220 cinnamon rolls for the eager children, teens and staff. This evening we spent several hours at El Mimbre just hanging out the the teen boys. We furnished a sandwich meal for them (which they LOVED), had a water balloon fight (which later turned into a water bucket fight) and it actually was VERY refreshing. Micah Gallegos from LOCO Ministries stopped by to chat and it was great to spend time with him. I had a very BIG prayer request last evening and I'm happy to report that by 5 in the afternoon, it was answered. God is so faithful. For all the parents of the ministry team, you should be very proud of your kids. They have a heart to serve. Not one complaint from them no matter what is asked. They are here to serve. They are making a difference in orphan's lives. I have many pictures, but the heat is affecting the internet and it takes FOREVER to load pics. I am going to try to post more tomorrow morning if I can get away for a couple of hours.

No comments: