Wednesday, June 17, 2009


The older girls working on their sewing projects!




Betsy brought her sewing machine and everyone was having a great time!




Even Sid found his nitch!




See how they love one another? One of my favorite things to witness.




Esayla, Betsy and Belem




What a cutie!!!




Elvida and her new purse!




Sergio...what a great guy!




Yup...they're all related.




3 of the Riley kids!




Who is this handsome guy, Jean???





Sid and Betty.





Gabriel, a missionary to India




Jazmine, Bryan and Lizeth...sis, bro and sis!




It's a good life.




The girls in their parlor relaxing!




Even big girls like to read about Nemo!




Jazmine, Ana Karen, Beto and Mireya




Juanita




Tia Lydia and her newly sewn purse!




Jackie! I love her raspy little voice!!!




Kitchen supplies purchased by TC Westside! Thanks!!!




Messy cooks!








Brenda all ready to fly to Mexico City!




Me and my girl!




Sergio is always willing to help in the kitchen when I'm making cinnamon rolls.




Jazmine and her smiley face in the sugar!




Jared hanging out between "driving missions". Ashley...you can relate!





2 heads are better than one!




Another! Tikes! The kids love them! Not me.




Jared




Tia Mica and Hosea Angel






This morning I hit the ground running. Cinnamon rolls. Noema wants to learn how to make them. The only problem was the trip to Chihuahua that Rosa planned for me to go on. So...we made the dough...and even cut several pans of rolls. I tried to explain that they need to rise and then bake them at 350 for 20 minutes...or so. Well...when I came back, they were quite small and brown. 500 degrees for 25 minutes is not good. Poor Nohema was still in the kitchen when I returned 4 hours later. She was drenched in sweat and felt defeated. That will not happen again. I told her we will do it together again and this time I will stay in the kitchen until they are finished no matter what. Oh how I hate to let her down. She has a heart of gold and I just love her!

No rain again, but lots of wind, dark clouds and lightning. The wind was refreshing.

Tonight a missionary to India came and shared with the children his ministry to the orphans. They were all sitting on the edge of their seats when pictures were shown on the screen. Most of the children raised their hands to say they would like to give a peso they have to help support him. This is a big deal...like the widow's last mite.


Hey...I'm working on a project...and if it turns out, I think you'll love it. Can't really share yet...but it is requiring many hours. Secrets...

Tomorrow Belem will be calling her mother to see if we can meet with her again. If so, we will talk to her again about terminating her rights to Johana. This time we are making sure the government office is open so we can take her before the judge right away. Please pray.

The youth ministry team from FBC will begin driving down this way tomorrow morning. Please help me pray for their safety. I am also asking God to use this trip to mold their hearts for service. The interesting factor...Ramon (who was adopted about 15 months ago from Lily) will be returning with his youth group and dad. I'm sure he can use some prayer.

I'm gonna hit the hay!

2 comments:

MamaTod said...

The FBC crew got off about 8:20 a.m. Lesson #1: community building through 2 days of riding in a 15 passenger van with 14 other people!

Prayer request: one of the moms on the trip left a sick child home with Dad and he's supposed to go to camp next Monday.

Love to all.

Lauren Taylor said...

I didn't even recognize Sergio! And Jackie is turning into a beautiful little lady. :) Lord, when can I go back?? So thankful you have such a consistent presence in their lives, Linda! They need to know that they are loved and I know that's what you're all about. When you're having a tough day, please remember that the Lord is using you!