Hey Friends, it has been a busy and crazy 2 days here with tons going on. I'm going to post the rest of the pics I have when there is more time to comment on them. For now I just wanted to update you on Marta's status.
She did a great job of pleading her case to the head official at DIF. The disturbing news is that the DIF where she is from is governed by an Indian Tribe and their laws are different. For instance, it is OK to let a friend come to your house and rape your daughter. In fact, it is common for this to happen to the girls. So, Marta's situation is seen as normal. This is a group of people who live very primitively. The women give birth by standing up and hanging onto a branch of a tree for support. When the pains are great, she is given a piece of wood to bite down on. There are no blankets to 'catch' the baby. Only a bed of dried grass. Marta is just a young girl...just turned 15! Now...after taking this all in...I am even more determined for Marta to stay here at Lily where she feels safe and loved. If the courts would make her return, she will just be abused over and over and her baby will probably be sold for money. The courts will have to decide her fate in the next few days. The only pic I am posting is that of Marta, Papa and Mama. She asked me to take this picture tonight...and she treasures it! Please keep praying for her situation!
Don't worry...more pics and news after I return home. Stay tuned!!!
3 comments:
she looks like she feels so safe with them. thanks for sharing, linda.
we'll all be praying here for martha. <3
God, have mercy.
Post a Comment