Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I've got internet, Gracias a Dios!


Ana, Ruby and Lorena




Me and Briza




These 2 angels are sisters!




Ana, Sara and Lorena




Javier and Lorena (Rog...you owe me!)




Alright, I confess. I bribed the kids to get their pics taken with Tootsie Rolls thanks to KY!




The photographer's secretary!




Armondo is now toothless on top! Didn't think he could get any cuter!!!




A busy Jackie!




Handsome Felipe!




I just don't think these are bug bits. Any ideas??? They are only on his head.




Mireya




Vickie...the T slayer!



This guy was climbing up to the 2nd floor of the girls dorm. Yikes!!!




How cute!




3 little guys enjoying an early morning soccer game.




Betsy and some of the goodies she brought down for the kids!



Sid reading with the girls.




Alondra and Abulardo...sis and bro!




A newer boy, Adrian, Oscar, Jovan and Isael




Belem's blessing to me!




Uniforms for the girl's soccer team. While the girls were playing, I was thinking how cool it would be for them to get uniforms...especially before the tournament. On the ride home I was gathering their size information to mention it on this blog. Well...God was ahead of me...as ususal. When we got home...Sid and Betsy had brought the girls uniforms. How big is God????




Silvia and Johana...who is the best goalie ever!




She scored!




Lily's soccer team. So far they are in second place. I bet with the uniforms they will come out on top. It worked for the boys!




It's Silvia!




A TC Westside blessing!




Virginia Jordan...maybe a good match??? Settle down, Carlos!




A group of teens that TC Westside treated. They worked extra hard the past few week at odd jobs and Rosa wanted to reward them. Thanks!




Donated onions...lots of onions...




They love kisses...





and Mama's smooches!




Sharing an adoption DVD with a sibling group's dad and girlfriend. While it was playing, I was in the back praying.





A welcomed water fight.




How cute!




Sunday dinner outside...picnic style!




Lovley Leslie!




Briza and Cielo




A big smile when she woke up!




A sleepy Lizeth!





Maggie, Javier and Luce after church.




2 sleepy babies. Marta has been with us for only a couple months. She was abused and her baby is due August 6th (just found out new date today). Lily has shown her lots of love. She is getting pre-natal care.




Taylor...Gustavo is SO EXCITED to see you this Saturday!!!




Mark's girl!




Leonardo




Sweetness!




Alondra! Mary...she asks for you all the time!




Jazmine!




A hot bus ride to church.




Marsela and Sergio




Brenda and Brisa




Javier is back!!! Thank you, Jesus!




A brave Johana




This is what greeted me when I arrived Saturday night. Yikes!



Greetings from a twice baked Tia! I will never say it is hot in Michigan again!!! Oh my goodness. My girlfriend, Anne, says that us girls 'glisten'...we don't sweat...but I beg to differ. After baking in the heat for the past couple of days, Papa said that the girls wanted me to go to the soccer game to support the girl's team (they don't have to ask me twice). I just got out of the car from riding around in Chihuahua most of the day (no AC, of course) and jumped in the van (passenger side window doesn't roll down) and we were off to Aldama. Part of me felt like I couldn't take any more heat...and then I realized after arriving there that if I wanted to sit, I had to face the sun...on a concrete bleacher. The game was great...but by the end of the game...I felt like the oven timer should go off. I was officially twice baked. I look at everyone else...and this is just the way of life. No air conditioner, no cold water and you just tough it out. Speaking of water, there is no water in the girls dorm yet. It went out over a week ago...so we just take a shower on the main campus either in the morning or evening. They felt bad and told me the hot water heater doesn't work. That was actually music to my ears! We carry buckets of water up to our dorm room for the toilet...and life goes on. I have never heard one complaint. This evening I looked in the kitchen and saw Tia Lydia and some of the teen girls in the kitchen making supper. They had sweat dripping off their sweet faces and their hair was drenched. They all had smiles and worked so hard. I struggle with this. It is I who should be serving them. The tears started streaming dowm my face and I had to retreat up to the dorm to process this. Father, I am so quick to complain. Please forgive me. I am living among spiritual giants that have a servant's heart. Who am I to think I need water to shower where I live? Who am I to complain of being too warm? Who am I to even wish for water in my bathroom? These precious children are living this life and feel like they're in heaven and this spoiled American woman is humbled. God is revealing my selfish lifestyle.

OK...on to something lighter! Kentucky Maria Elena's mom and dad are here!!! They hit the ground running. The kids are loving on them and they are blessing the children with many treats! It is so fun to watch the interaction! It is not a wonder why Maria Elana is such a special gal!

Today I visited DIF and met the new director who is in charge of all adoptions from the state of Chihuahua. She is a breath of fresh air! Since she has been in office (a coupleof weeks) she has been in contact with all the orphanages in the state and is researching all the children who need 'orphan-status' so they can be adopted. I have prayed for someone like this to work with...and God has graciously answered my prayers. I thought this might be the case because some of the parents I have contacted in the short time I have been here said that DIF has already contacted them about terminating their parental rights. While preparing for my trip here, I struggled with my desires to meet with Antonio's family. I had no idea how to contact them and I know the dad visits only a couple times a year. Well...I just needed to come...and God brought the dad here to visit. All I needed to do was to be obedient. God is sending the people to me. I was able to show him the adoption DVD I have and challenged him to let the children have a chance to live with a great family who will take great care of the kids. He is thinking about this. Please help me pray that this dad will make the unselfish decision to terminate his rights. You will see a picture I took of Jackie (the youngest girl in this sibling group) sleeping on the floor. It about broke my heart. She was worn out from playing so hard...that she just layed down on the floor in the cafeteria and took her nap. I would love to see a mommy tuck her in a nice soft bed and see her little curls against a pillow. God, please be merciful!

The tarantula spiders are out! The only thing worse than a spider is a big hairy spider. I don't know if they are venomous or not...but it is not necessary. I feel like I am about to drop dead just by looking at them. My biggest challenge is to act like they are no big deal...and that I sorta like them. Otherwise the kids will bring me many of them just to get a reaction. Since I am living on the second floor, I was feeling safe. But, today I saw one climbing up the steps. NO BUENO!!!
Sid (Maria Elena's padre) told me that last night he woke up with a cricket in his hand. I am now thinking that crickets and cockroaches are good. I've had both of those crawl all over me while down at the main campus. However, I don't think I would survive a tarantula. Father, I am asking for grace.

Mama and Papa are doing great. Papa drove the bus for the first time in Chihuahua on Sunday for church. He left early, wore cool dude sunglasses and did a great job. It was truly a time of thanksgiving as God has healed his vision. Rosa has found a doctor that is working on getting her thyroid medicine balanced. She seems to be a doing a lot better and we are all thankful. I can't explain how precious this couple is to me. They have put everyone ahead of themselves and practice humility and godliness. As I mentioned earlier, I had the privilege of spending quite a bit of the day with Rosa. It is like a splash of cool water on my soul. This woman who is wracked with rheumotoid (sp?) arthritis sweeps floors, picks up trash with the children each morning, scrubs the walls, talks to a zillion people every day on her cell phone each day, kisses hundreds of cheeks, wipes away tears and yet she shares with me her desire to be more Christlike. The same with Ed. This man with a tender heart makes it his goal to hug each one of the children every day, passionately teaches them about his God, drives the children to school, Dr. appointments and therapy. You will find Papa often in the kitchen washing dishes, praying for everyone by 3 each morning and seeking God to be more holy. Their have chosen not to have biological children early in their marriage so they could love each one of these children without any favoritism. Sacrifice? Yeah. Example? Yeah. Please help me to lift them up throughout each day in prayer.

Ok, now it's confession time. Yesterday I made it to the internet store to buy some air time for my card. However, I was unable to use it because of a new security portion they just started using. So, as I finally made it to my room, I was excited about posting on the blog. Then...it wouldn't work. ARGHHH! I was upset. I felt like I was disappointing so many people and to be honest...it's a great way to 'deprogram'. Finally, as I stomped off to bed, the Lord asked me...."Can I be God?" I have been clinging to the verse in Isaiah 41:10, "Don't be afraid, for I am with you; don't be discouraged for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Anyway...I had to SURRENDER my plans to my God. He was taking care of me. I went to bed early and slept for 7 whole hours. I was refreshed. He strengthened me and helped me. When will I learn? Also, while sweet Belem was in my room trying to help me figure out what was wrong with the aircard, she was amazed at how hot it was in my second floor room. She immediately went to her room and gave me her fan for the night. I tried to refuse...but she was persistant. Jesus blessed me that night after I had to surrender. I long for the day when I automatically surrender. Help me, Jesus!

The big dark cloud bank that rolled in this afternoon has decided not to share it's refreshing droplets of rain. It could be that it did produce a lot of rain and the heat evaporated it before it hit the ground. :) I'll never know.

Today I began to take individual pics of the children and sibling pics as well. What a joy it is to see their beautiful smiles! Many of these kids have come from horrid situations and this orphanage is heaven to them. They might not get to eat until they are full, but on most days they are able to enjoy 3 meals. They also have a bed to sleep on. Usually you will see several children to a bed...but they don't care. In fact, in the winter they love it because that is what keeps them warm since it is not even an option to heat the buildings. What I love to see is when the new children are brought in off the streets. Many have no idea how to use utensils to eat. The older children in the sibling group makes sure their younger brothers and sisters have something to eat before they even begin to eat. This is what moves me. Then, my other favorite thing is to take sibling photos. THEY LOVE THIS! If you could only see the pride in their little faces as they cling to eachother and pose. They hold on tightly because all they have in this world is eachother.

I have to apologize because this is starting to resemble a novel. All I can say is, come to Lily. Experience real joy, real peace and real love. You'll never be the same.

My Prince, the children send their love. I have told them you will join me in October and they are already counting down the days! The news of your arrival has brought tears of joy to some of the children who ache for their Tio Gary!

P.S. Two Kentucky angels just dropped off 2 large Be Light bottles of ruby grapefruit water and it's cold!!! Gracias a Dios!

P.S.S. Have to quit with the pics for now. Got to get up early to make cinnamon rolls. Will post more pics later. Thanks for understanding!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you soo much linda! im so glad you get to be down there to love on those kids for everyone of us here in the USA that cannot be there at that moment!! im praying for you and the children and especially mama and papa.

Chad -n- Christi Huizenga said...

thanks for the update! I always look forward to reading your "novels." More recruits are coming to help out!
Chilo

Jay said...

Thanks for today's pics and the videos from May.

Linnea Young said...

I love reading this blog :) I check it all the time for the updates!!!! You are such a blessing to those kids. Give Belem and HUGE hug and kiss for me. I miss that chica. Enjoy your time there for all of us :)

karenn said...

Thanks so much for the updates - such a blessing to read and pray through. Will be holding you up.
love
karen

Stacy said...

Oh my Linda, thanks for the heads up on the spiders!!! I am praying they leave very, very soon! Can't wait to meet these precious kids!

Lauren Taylor said...

ah! oh, the emotions! i read your entries backwards, so i'm just getting to this one. i love that you write out your days in detail b/c it's the little things that i remember the most. like being so hot and sweaty and getting ready for bed after wrestling several girls to their beds (literally) and thinking, "life doesn't get any better than this!". those are the times you see God's blessings He's given you AND the kids. i pray that the Lord keeps on blessing you and them, and that
He continues to humble you to serve Him better. :) Keep it up, Mama Mexico!