Ramon made it through his 3rd surgery. They still have him heavily sedated to keep him from moving and ruining the skin grafting. The Dr. said the surgery went very well and they were instructed to take many pictures of Ramon's burns for Mishu Mau (an organization that works with Shriner's Hospital). They are going to monitor Ramon's progress...which is good!
Rosa was relieved that this surgery is over...but she said the Dr. told her that there are many surgeries ahead yet for Ramon. I was able to remind Rosa of the mini-vacation that her and Ed will be taking the end of November. She perked right up when I told her that she'll be eating lots of pot-roast (her favorite) and Ed can eat lots of cookies! In fact, she started laughing and dreaming of all the good food that everyone will have for them. I am hoping she will look forward to this get-a-way and it will be some light at the end of the tunnel that they're in now.
If any further things come up, I'll do my best to keep you posted. Until then, please pray that I can be a blessing to them next week and the weeks to follow while I am there. The group that will be coming down on the 13th of November is ready to jump in and help in any way they can.
I am specifically asking for prayer on adoptions. There are several children who need the parental rights terminated for their adoption to move forward. God can do this. Let's ask Him!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment