Ramon in August...
Here's the latest news. Our friends in Traverse City have been on the phone with people to make Ramon's transfer happen. But, we have had many obsticles. Coordinating the USA and Mexico connections have been tough. Believe it or not, the Mexico side has all the paperwork in order...waiting for the helicopter to airlift Ramon to the states (from what we were told by Rosa). One of our problems is that one of the Shriners Children's hospitals (in Galveston, Texas) has been shut down due to the hurricane...and all their children were transferred to the other 3 hospitals in the states that deal with burn victims. So, there is an overload of patients right now. There is a special lady that was contacted today at the Cincinnati hospital that was the charge nurse. Ramon's case was plead to her and she will be presenting Ramon's critical situation to the Chief of Staff tomorrow morning at the hospital in Cincinnati. If he says yes, Ramon could be airlifted to the Cincinnati hospital tomorrow. If he says no, Ramon will have another surgery in Chihuahua on Monday morning and will not be able to be moved for 10 days after that. The serious issue is not only the burns, but the severe malnutrition that he is suffering from.
Ed and Rosa seem to be doing much better today. They had some rest (which always helps) and God is giving them the grace that is needed. No new news on the bus. I don't know if they are trying to get it repaired or not. My conversations were focused on Ramon today. Tomorrow I'll try to ask about the bus.
October 29th, I will be flying down to Lily to prepare for a Ministry Team that will be following me down 2 weeks later. That will give me about 3 1/2 weeks at Lily. Besides getting building materials ordered and spending time on adoptions, I am hoping to spend much time keeping the blog updated, but with the shortage of vehicles that are running, I am not sure how often I can get into town to the internet cafe. We do have an air-card that I could use for that time, but it is costly. I guess I need to know if you think it would be worthwhile for me to spend the $100 fee of activating the card for internet serice at Lily. How often do you look at this site? What are your thoughts? My e-mail address is lsbeggs@yahoo.com Also, you could just comment on this blog. I am pouring everything into Ramon right now, so if you guys could help me decide this...that would be great. Thanks!
Remember...please pray for the Chief of Staff at the hospital as he makes a decision on Ramon tomorrow morning.
2 comments:
I read it and pray often. Karen
The Yoders check & read the blog several times a week and pray almost every night. So do many others who do not post comments.
Post a Comment