Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Darker the Night...the Nearer the Dawn


Rosa and Ed



I just got off the phone to tell Rosa that the money for the bus repairs will be covered by a man with a generous heart. Tears came to my eyes when I heard her big sigh of relief. She kept saying, "Thank you, Jesus! Thank you, Jesus!" Then she shared with me how they are so discouraged. She said Ed has lost over 20 lbs from fasting and praying so much this past month and she said he has aged tremendously. Later she confessed they have lived "off crumbs" for the past month and they are barely making it. When the bus broke down...they had to leave it parked where it broke down. No one went to church today and they felt like this was the beginning of the end. This generous donation not only means that all the kids can go to school again, but that things may be turning around. I guess the word is hope. All of you who know Ed and Rosa know that they are great soldiers of the faith and have endured much. But sometimes even soldiers get wounded, gasp for breath and drop to their knees in sheer exhaustion. This is where they are at.

Will you help me pray for opportunites to bless them? Let's be creative! What are some ideas? I will be traveling down there in 10 days. A Ministry Team will be arriving down there November 13 and staying through the 22nd. I was thinking that notes of encouragement would be awesome. If you send me any notes, cards, letters, etc, I will be sure to give them to Ed and Rosa. We need to be their Aaron and hold up their arms during this battle! I don't want them to ever feel like they are in it alone. My address is Linda Beggs, 7282 W. Fox Rd., Mears, MI 49436. You now have an opportunity to encourage some tired soldiers for Jesus! Thanks for loving them and loving the children.

2 comments:

Merm's blog said...

the tears are flowing....
I'm tempted to go wake up Lauren so we can cry together.
I'll pray instead. :)

Anonymous said...

My mom told me to check the blog out this morning and she is right...it makes one feel quite guilty. Everyone's financial situation is not great right now. We are struggling, but we are struggling in our nice warm homes eating three meals a day and going to sleep in our comfy beds at night. It kills me to know they have been getting by on crumbs this last month. We will fervently pray that God supplies their needs. We know He is faithful and will do so!