Wednesday, March 12, 2008

.
David fought for the coveted seat...between Gary and me...so he can steer the van! They love it!




Jesus and Javier on their way to the new boys dorm to dig holes for trees. They like it when we take them...because it means a pop on the way home and they get a chance to 'drive'...if they work hard!!! :)




The new dining hall at the new boys dorm is finally getting the roof installed!




Daniel scoopint out the rocks and dirt after the older boys chipped away at the rocks!




It takes a lot of sweat and hard work to chip away at the mountain rocks to dig the holes.




Magarieta and Cielo...kitchen duty!




Sweet Cecilia




Abuela with one of her new aprons.




Tio Gary and Andrea...measuring hands




Julian loves for men to hold him...a perfect job for Gary!




Antonio and Gary




Cecilia and Lady...she just loves animals.




Gabby and tio Gary...they love him...and he loves them!




Katy...all they need is love...they soak it all in!




Silvia!!!




Jesus helping younger kids with homework.




Abuela Ester...our wonderful cook!




A sleepy Juan Diego!




Isn't he a cutie!!!




For being new...he sure is a happy boy...and the kids love him!




Cool Johana!




One dirty Santana...from helping Gary set-up in the welding room! By the way Andy...they finished everything yesterday afternoon!





Briza after a long day at school.




The Tundra...a homework assignment




The Polar Climate...the kids love homework like this!




Santana...Gary's welding assistant!




Gustavo and his homework! He misses you, Taylor!




A proud Lupita wearing one of Calle's shirts!




Karelly showing off her coloring skills. She was quite upset that it covered her face!!! :)




Mama trying to help kids with their homework...without her glasses on!




Nico!




A temporary new Ruby and Karely. Ruby is here until her mother recovers from a major surgery.




Pablo...my guy!




Jackie, Antonio, Nico and Leticia at the top




A happy Juan Diego...our newest permanent addition from the mountains.




Ruby and her beautiful smile...what a sweetheart!




Ramon and Berto




Andrea




Leticia sharing her coke with Hosea and Antonio. She has a heart of gold!




An after-school nap for Katy!




Lewis and his homework! Report cards were just issued and most of our kids do awesome and are top in their classes!




Tia Celsa helping with homework




Marta and Ramon enjoying their first Michigan winter!!!




I am soaking this all in down here! I was reading about Peter and John. They were assigned the task of preparing the passover meal for the last supper. What was on the menu? Lamb, bitter herbs and unleavened bread. Little did they realize...as they chose the spotless lamb, killed it and poured out it's lifeblood, that this would be deeply etched in their minds forever. The Holy Spirit would use this task to reveal to them the Lamb of God. In Beth Moore's study...she said that John referred to Jesus as the Lamb at least 30 times in Revelation. Just think how many times his mind reeled back to that meal preparation! The tasks that God gives us are never meaningless or trivial. He uses these tasks to reveal Himself to us. This is so true! Down here I have seen God as a Father in new ways. I have also seen Him as not only a provider...but MY provider. Gary and I have been so used to getting whatever we need...whenever we need it...very 'self-sufficient'. Looking back...this has really been to our disadvantage. Down here we are on a VERY LIMITED budget. We have needed things...and God supplied our need...just in time. Different groups would come and say...oh yeah...here is _____ can you use it?...and it's something we just ran out of! Or they say, here is some money for the youth night. It always comes just in time. Thank you, Jesus for providing so faithfully!

Please pray regarding the Fessenden adoption. Satan is fighting...but God is bigger! Also the Yoder's are running against a huge time crunch to adopt a girl from here. We need some miracles right now.

Tomorrow Brenda and I travel up to Ojinaga to get a donated van across the border. Rosa asked me to accompany Brenda because of the intimidation they use at the border. Of course I will...but my track record is not so great there...I've never had luck getting anything across that border yet! Remember... my Goliath lives up there...just look back on our story! I am asking God for peace regarding this trip. I am practicing my frozen smile as I write this.

Speaking of God's faithfulness...we have not had eggs and tuna for awhile for breakfast! There has been fruit served very often now...and I have not noticed any protein in the rice (of course...I can't remember to look). Either way...thank you, Jesus!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda and Gary, it's Rog. I just wanted to let you know Ramon is adjusting wonderfully. I no longer have to start the car or put it in gear. Ramon does it. He's a great son!!!! Ramon is starting school today, so please pray for him. We want him to make friends with good kids. Linda, now that we are home, I'm in need of a Lorena fix. A new picture on the blog works for me. Thanks!! Love ya both.

Lauren Taylor said...

Thanks for reminding me that the Lord can use any and every task to reveal Himself to us and give us an opportunity to glorify Him. I needed to hear that today, in the middle of another day at the office. :) Also, thanks for posting the pictures of the Michigan kiddos. Did you hear anything on Karla's gradutaion, yet? It came up in conversation again the other day.

Anonymous said...

Hey! It was great meeting you and Gary while we were down there. You guys are wonderful. :) I am so thankful for your blog. I have loved looking at pictures of the kids. I miss them so much! Marcial comes back today I believe. If he will let you give him a big hug for me and tell him I said hi!!!! Give Armondo all my love (pictures of them both are always wonderful too!! hehe
Miss you guys!
BTW: my dads email address is
davidkyoung@verizon.net

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Gary and Linda,
We are very aware that the clock is ticking on your time down there.

...Marta has taken FBC by storm

I read this verse in my devo's the other day...
"Among the gods there is none like you, O LORD; no deeds can compare with yours." Ps 86:8

From "Follow Me"
"Kingdom people are able to give because the are no longer building their private kingdoms!" (I thought of you guys when I read that)

May God bless you

Pastor Mark, FBC

Anonymous said...

Ramon had an AWESOME first day of school. He is busy making friends and getting ready to start soccer soon. The love he shows the other kids (Shayna imparticular) is amazing. He is really settling in so well. Marta seems to be enjoying herself too. Praise God they are adjusting. Mark and I are fervently praying for Alex's meeting tomorrow. I know God is in control. I kept singing all day...

"God will make a way...when there seems to be no way...He works in ways we cannot see...He will make a way for me."

I know He is in control and His plan is perfect. We will wait to hear from you. Love and prayers!