Marcela and Vicki...such special girls!!!
A sleeping beauty....Bethany!
The VA invasion!
The Princess and the Pea...oh wait there are no peas in Mexico that I've seen. The Princess and the Pebble! The only difference is that this Princess is soooo tired that she wouldn't be able to detect a bolder under her mattress!
I respect this gal!
Lupita & Jackie loving on their brother, Carlos!
Barbara and Jazmine
Lucinda, Ashley and Adriana
Taking the female staff out to eat! What fun. Was Ben pouting??? ;) Maybe he wanted another 'guy'night!
By this point, we were all whipped!
Brenda...my girl!
Westside + Female Staff - Chip in the pic
TACOS!!!
Julietta...she is a treasure!
Staff Dinner
Judith and Alex. We invited Alex and his family to join us for the evening.
Zulema and Judith and Alex
Judith and me!
Oh my....!
Judith...she looks like an angel!
Alex sharing his testimony
Alex's beautiful wife and daughter!
This is the "I just brought a team to Lily and we've been here for 1 week" look. Ya sleep a lot when you get home...and cry.
Final night to share together.
Some 'Chip' shots!
A storm Monday night left us without electricity water...etc. but that didn't stop nurse Christie from doing a shot by her 'head-light'. Christie had the greatest attitude. Love her spirit!
Ahhh...Ramon and Tony are together again.
This is Laura from the Michigan Team holding Jackie. Note Jackie's BIG smile! Love this pic!
Berta
Beatrice
Good-byes are hard.
I'm home...physically. I am sleeping here but in my dreams I see the faces of the children and I'm speaking my terrible spanish (if you could even can call it that..Ben you have to agree!). I hear the sweet giggles of Berta and the raspy voice of Jackie and they're calling out to me. My heart is full of joy as I hug Vicki, hear Fabiola say, "Oi...Linda!" and tickle Luis. I want so bad to wake up in Mexico but then the dreams fade into the reality of a quick flight home, Dr appts, IV's for the next 7 days and total fatigue. It's then that I just close my eyes and I'm thankful for the dreams of Mexico. I am also thankful for a strubborn son who double-teamed with my husband to fly me back early (probably wouldn't have made it otherwise)and the strength the Lord gave me to make it home. "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
Here is the schedule I set up for the Michigan team before I left. Wednesday morning, the mountain team was traveling with Nikki Lopez to their mountain destination. Since her mother has not heard from her...that is good news and that means they made it fine. They will be ministering to the people all day today and heading back to Lily early Friday morning. Meanwhile, the rest of the team had the Wednesday evening devotions, made sandwiches for the children...ate at the boys dorm on Tuesday evening and will have a party, craft, sandwich night with the little girls and little boys in their dorms. On Friday night, the group will take the teen girls to Sombrero Burger (so JEALOUS) for supper =) and maybe icecream. Saturday the entire team will be preparing a special American dinner for everyone at Lily at 2:30. It will be grilled chicken (thanks to Pollo Feliz), mashed potatoes, corn, salad and dessert. Later in the day they will be spending time hanging out with the children and enjoying their last few moments. Saturday evening they will be saying their 'Good-byes' during the evening devotionals. 6:00 a.m. Sunday morning the Michigan team will be heading back to Michigan.
Although I was able to see the group at Lily for only a few moments, I saw the joy on everyone's faces. Scott and Kim...if you could have seen the joy on Ramon's face when Tony 'found'him. Oh my goodness! Stacy...the same with Gustavo and Taylor. The reunions were very special. When people return again...there is a very special bond of trust that goes deep. Oh yeah...I have to mention Roger seeing Lorena and his granddaughters. (What a softie that guy is!!!!) Probably my most memorable moment was watching Ramon and Brenda return again to their former family...as Americans. They had grown and matured...and know how to minister to these kids better than any of us. They lived the Lily life for several years as 'orphans' and now they have a forever family that adopted them and showed them Jesus' love. I am so excited to see the BIG plans our BIG God has for them! Thank you, Jesus!
The Michigan team had several hurdles to cover...but the Lord was right beside them. There was paperwork issues at the border and then one of our vans broke down just past the military check point (in the middle of the desert in Mexico. The Lord sent a man to help Roger Fekken and this angel drove him to a part store and within a few hours our guys were able to drive the van to Lily. Isn't God faithful?!
I have to give a shout-out to Beth Sellers. She was a tremendous help to me when the Michigan Team arrived. She was my hands and feet when I couldn't go any farther. Thanks, Beth, for your servant's heart. I will see you again at Lily many times!!! =)
I am hoping to have more updates on the Michigan team by Saturday. Hopefully Barb Hernandez will be able to send me some pics as well. I do have some videos that I should be able to post within the next few days as well. Thanks for your patience.
No comments:
Post a Comment