What fun! Girl time and Maria Elena's birthday celebration!!!
YUM!
Pablo...I love him!
Bonita Cielo!!!
Looks like a police line-up. Sorta is. I found these kids playing in a building they were not supposed to be in. Was afraid I wouldn't remember everyone...so I just casually poked my head in and said "photo???" They all lined right up with a big smile...very eager to do this. I smiled and walked away. Noema liked the pic! It proved to be helpful! ;)
Their favorite part...putting on the M&M's!
Some flour didn't make it in the brownies!
Boys day in the kitchen! My power mixers!
Tonito has such a tender heart. I caught him giving Julian a kiss.
Julian!
Lice check
Don't you love his smile???
Micro chess!
Nico guarding my computer bag while I was waiting for my ride into Chihuahua
Marta and her friend
My Mexico daughers! Silvia, Lupita and Maggie!
Me and my girls
Leslie and Katy
The oranges are a treat! Thank you for donations!
Jovana and Marisol. I love mornings... seeing them in their PJ's!
Rog...it's Lorena again!
The shirt says it all...
Yo y Tia Lydia!
Tia Lydia is so fun!
Newly enforced rule...wash hands before you eat.
I didn't realize how much Chewy loved Mama's dogs.
Tia Mica and Elveda
Hugs
Hugs
and more hugs.
Goodbyes are hard.
Ashley's last prayer and devotion time with us...for now.
Cute chicos!
Roger...you can pay me when I get home. Did you clean out my car yet???
Working on future homework...when school finally resumes!
Cielo doesn't do mornings. Me neither!
Ahhh...Karen!
Brenda and Ruby
Trying to figure out how to get everything in suitcases!
Vicki and Belem
Sisters!!!
Girl talk...it's the best!
Karla
Enjoying cooler(?) evenings on the shady side of the dorm.
Elveda is so fun!!!
We had a great day at DIF. The case was amazingly changed to a great lawyer who is very aggressive. In fact, she will be assisting me with the 'orphan-status' of the other children on my list. It was all God. Alex and I were in awe and we left the government office with our jaws hanging. Why are we so surprised when God shows His power??? All I can say is THANK YOU, JESUS!
Tonight at supper, there was not enough food. I saw Brenda and Noema grab about 20 empty bowls and head to the children's tables. It was then that I realized that they were scooping food out of the children's bowls to get enough to feed others. I was hungry until I saw this. What did me in was when one of the new little boys held onto his bowl and began to cry. (The other children know this needs to be done at times and are OK with it.) Well...I couldn't handle it and it broke my heart. I asked Brenda and Nohema if I could take the 4 girls that were still without food out to celebrate Maria Elena's birthday with me and I would buy their supper. They agreed, and we left. I don't know when it was that I saw a child plead for his food. I'm sure it's because he has had to scavenge for his food in the past. We are such fat and spoiled Americans. God, please forgive us!
Tomorrow I will be talking with a blood-mother about relinquishing her rights to her daughter. Please pray about this. There will be other relatives present. I will be coming to her with not only a plea for her daughter's future, but with the gospel so that she may receive Christ. The meeting will take place around 11:00 a.m. (Michigan time).
Yesterday evening I watched some of the girls as they were on Ashley's bed...watching her pack up her suitcases. I always wonder what they are thinking. For us, we arrive, love on everyone...and go home. For them...THIS IS THEIR HOME. It's not a mission trip for them or a camp. The cafeteria table IS their dining room table...the bunk IS their bed. Does this tear out your heart? It does mine. The Lord has used Mama and Papa and they have done a marvelous job. But, my burning passion is to see these kids in forever homes. Surely there are Christian moms and dads with an empty bed. The children are missing out on bedtime stories, sweet kisses and being tucked into bed. I want them to have this...don't you?
How I love the children and staff here at Lily. I learn so much from them each time I come. Hopefully one day, my visits will consist of months...not days and my Prince will be working alongside me. We are waiting on God to direct. Our house is for sale...and we are praying.
In closing...I've got to tell you...it's HOT down here. WOW! The days feel like a preheated oven when you open the door. At night time I'm still hot (probably doesn't help that I have my laptop on my lap and it is generating more heat. By the time I finish the blog each night the sweat is rolling. (I would say that I'm sweating like a pig...but I'm trying to avoid the swine topic!) Looking forward to cooler weather in Michigan....and of course my Prince!
By the way...I've got some fun videos. The internet is too slow to post things, but maybe when I get home I'll do a posting of videos!
7 comments:
oh linda! i miss it already! thank you for the pictures! I am super glad that you are able to put them up and put up news on here for everyone to see and be able to read! thank you!
Thanks Linda for the cute pics of Lorena. Believe me, the check's in the mail. It's sure is great to hear it went well at DIF. I just pray she's a woman of her word. It's nice to be reminded the Lord's still in control. We just need to let Him do what He does best. Please thank Alex for all his work too. Now about the detailing of your vehicle. Would you believe it's next on my "to do" list? Well, maybe not. Thanks again for all you're doing and LOL to all. Rog
Hey, Mr Fekken...I bought you at the auction (very cheap I must say). You owe me two hours of hard labor. :)
Here lies the problem, the "cheap thing". I'm thinking if there were a few more buckos invested, I may be persuaded to move in a much more timely fashion. What do think?
Thanks for your mission Linda. You and Gary have already made such a difference in so many lives. I sure wish people could get past their fears about adopting and realize that all the money, emotional pain, and troubles (yes there are many) are all have a purpose and add such depth to the ordinaly life we are all currently in. God will only take you as high as you are willing to let him. Just yesterday I was staring at Martha and she caught me and said "What?" and all I could say is "I still can't believe you are here and at the same time it seems like you have always been here in our family."
Marcos was surprised to see Vicki back. He wants to hear about it when you get home.
The boys helped out at OCS Spanish Day today and that was a lot of fun. The other students seemed to enjoy hearing them talk about how school and foods were different. Paula translated so the boys were unrestricted by language that that just talked away. :)
Whoa...you bought Rog????and cheap??? someone should pay you. Now Rog is asking for more, and that surprises you??? He will "move" faster with more pay?? I would suggest , hold on to your money, and AFTER you see what he does.....well,...never mind.. just see if you can get him to show up !
Now if he was shining a arley, .. he's the best.... He also sleeps and snores real good.
Post a Comment