Vicki
Esther (Abuela) I love this woman. Note her prince in the background!!!
Javier misses tio Gary.
Elveda
Leslie and Lucia
Fabulous Fabiola!!!
Sweet Marta
Juanita
Jazmine!
Leslie
Johana, Tia Lydia and Belem. The girls love their tia!
Belem
Karla
Luz
Adilene
Maggie
Adriana studying for devotions tomorrow. She will be sharing her testimony. She has such a sweet spirit!
Veronica
Typical Mexico neighborhood
Belem, their mother, Johanna and the girl's step-brothers (?)
Watching the adoption DVD at the aunt's home
Belem,Johana and their cousin at their mom's house
Noema...the captin of the ship while Mama and Papa are away! She is doing a great job!
Felipe with earphones...to look cool. It doesn't matter if they are not hooked up to anything!!!
Breakfast with the twins!
"WINK"
Cielo
Leslie, Luz and Maggie
Chewy and Lady...a cute couple!!!
Breakfast is ready to be served! Tia Norma does an excellent job in the kitchen!!!
Adilene leading the morning devotions. She did a great job!
Johana is so hungry she could eat a cactus!!!
I love 'The Purpose Driven Life'. It's a book that I need to return to often because it shares the basics of Kingdom living. I tuck this book into my suitcase on every trip to Lily (Chad H....you know it's true!). Well, today as I was thinking about this trip and the possibility of leaving tomorrow...I thought I should pull it out of the suitcase and 'dust it off'. The chapter that struck me was the chapter that talks of God's Power in Your Weakness. Living here at Lily you get to know eachother well, and that is a good thing. I come here with all of my weaknesses and imperfections to prove to anyone that GOD CAN USE YOU! In this book, Rick Warren says, "Our strengths create competition, but our weaknesses create community." Oh how I love this thought. Especially the past few months I have had to be honest about some of my weaknesses while my other weaknesses have already been exposed. (It sure helps to ward off the pride issue!) But more importantly it creates a dependance on God. In II Corinthians 12:9a (LB) is says, "I am with you; that is all you need. My power shows up best in weak people." I'm afraid that I have cried out to my husband first...and not to God, to help me. Being down here God is teaching me to reach out to HIM first. My weaknesses are not a mistake...or an 'accident'. God has purposed them in my life so I can see HIS power and others as well. Any 'inconveniences' that God allows in my path are all part of HIS plan. I am hoping that some day I will bow my knees in worship at every roadblock first, and praise God for the opportunity for growth. Another quote from The Purpose Driven Life says, "If you want God to bless you and use you greatly, you must be willing to walk with a limp the rest of your life, because God uses weak people." My friend, will you limp along with me until we see Jesus? Our conversation shall be the greatness of our God!
Today was emotionally draining. I took Belem and Johana to see their bloodmother. Belem is too old to be adopted, but her 15 yr. old sister Johana is eligible if her mother will terminate her rights to her. Johana has been at Lily since she was a toddler. These meetings are always a wild card. Today it took place at their aunt's home and Alex was there to go to bat for the kids. As the girls and I drove to Chihuahua to meet with everyone, we prayed for God's will to be done...and an opportunity for everyone to catch a glimpse of Jesus. The meeting began with a harsh undertone of resentment (which is normal when you ask a mom to give up a child...even if they have not been a 'mom' to them and abandoned them to an orphanage). The Holy Spirit was there and brought peace in the storm. At that time we watched the adoption DVD and discussed some very relevant issues. Still there was much apprehension. It was then that the Lord prompted me to share one of my 'weaknesses'...my adoption. (If I could only tell you how many times I wondered what was wrong with me that my own birth mother would give me away as a newborn baby.) But now, this 'weakness' has been used to share the beauty of being placed in a wonderful Christian home and growing up in a family where I was intruduced to God. My childhood is filled with so many special memories...and I am indeed blessed by wonderful parents who deeply love me. After sharing my 'story' with their mother, she said she would be willing to sign the papers needed to terminate her rights. This is a bitterweet thing to witness. These mothers do love their kids to the best of their ability (tarnished by the effects of sin). When I see them hug their kids and weep...I cry right along with them. I can't imagine the pain, but I am living proof that adoption is a wonderful gift that God can greatly use. Another amazing factor today was the way Satan fought. (Should I be surprised?!!!) Meeting places were suddenly confused, and the adoption DVD began to malfunction in my computer. Alex rebuked Satan and my computer began to play again. I'm telling you, Satan hates these adoptions. Why? Because God has huge plans for these kids. I need help praying for these adoptions. The fight is hard and long. I desperately need your prayer.
Today it was broadcasted on the Mexican news that Mexico is shutting down for 5 days beginning tomorrow and everyone is encouraged to 'stay home'. That means that Belem and Johana's mom can't sign the necessary paperwork until next Thursday. It also means that the airport might be closed. American Airlines is not aware of this, but the news down here says EVERYTHING will be closed and an aunt of one of the workers down here said the news said the airport will be closed. We'll see. God is leading and I trust Him for His purposes. I'll just keep limping along! :) I'll either be in my husband's arms tomorrow or the arms of these precious kids. Either way I win! :)
I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the older girl's dorm. Besides the fact that the beautiful rooms are decorated with PINK curtains and bedspreads, I feel like I'm in a mansion on the hilltop! It has been a privilege to get to know these girls better. Tonight I'm including a few pics of the girls who invited me in to see their beautiful rooms. Hope you enjoy!
Now, I need to talk to you about a pressing issue. Adoption. (surprise) There are so many children in this world who wake up every day without a family to call their own. Not just here, but all over this world. Have you ever looked into their eyes? There is a deep sadness...and emptiness. It shakes me deeply. Life is not about us and our 'comfort'. Think about Ed and Rosa (Mama and Papa), they are in their late 50's and they have approximately 130 kids they are caring for. I'm sure most of you do have a very comfortable life right now and the last thing you want is the 'disruption' of an orphan. But let me beg you to come down here and listen to their sweet little voices and they sing about a God who loves them. Maybe, just maybe, God wants has you as part of His big awesome plan for their life and you can watch it unfold. These kids might need to be in the states for a ministry that would be uniquely their own or travel to foreign soil. Remember, they have grown up under Mama and Papa's missionary-minded hearts. Marta wants to be a missionary to China. Some want to be doctors. Some desire to be a mommy but they need you to teach them how. Maybe your kids are all raised and you are thinking rest and relaxation...but I'm thinking...adoption! Please pray about it.
Hey...I'm still sweating and fighting bugs. Fought Jimminy Cricket the night before last for several hours and then my bathroom spray ended the fight (didn't have to squish him that way). I don't think he liked swimming in the citrus scent! As far as the sweating goes, well...maybe it's a combination of being 50 PLUS the warm weather. I'll never tell. :)
v
5 comments:
hola linda! i loved getting to stay with the older girls as well. it was nice getting to spend the evenings with them and to get to know them better. i struggled with my own weaknesses while i was there. but God helped me recognize them and now i am able to avoid being tempted to let them get the best of me. Thank you for reminding me of that chapter from the purpose driven life. I appreciate it greatly! You are such an amazing person and it was an honor to get to spend time with you and get to know you this week!
remember who our family is pushing for from lirio.
Mama de Mexico!
Fighting the tears again. My heart is burning a bit to get down there. My parents are still planning on coming but I think they're going to wait til June. The other day I mentioned adoption to my mom.. she looked at my dad and responded, "Oh, can we!?" I can't believe my dad hadn't shared all our scheming. He said he wanted to get her down there and see what happened.
Man o man. I would explode if the Lord led that way.
My questions are building up... can't wait to talk to you. We're thinking of a Michigan visit the last weekend in May. Whatcha think? We'll ask all our other Michigan fams as well. Yay!
Hey Lenda,
How did Adriana do with her speaking testimony?
Dobson had a preacher from southern Florida, Bob Coy on today, he talked about James 1:27 the word "visit" orphans in the Greek means to inspect and select! pretty cool huh!
you'll have to catch the program. Hope to see you soon!
Merm and Lauren, weekend in May to Michigan sounds great!
"Chilo"
Hey Chilo...I like that comment on visit orphans..."inspect and select". Now my question to you, my brother...was he talking plural as well??? ;)
Are you talking Memorial Day weekend, May 22-25 or the following one? Our Memorial Day weekend is going to be busy, busy with nearly all the kids home; Andy may be bringing a special friend; it's our 30th anniversary; and it's Hart's graduation weekend, Dave's involved with that. Plus the Grandmas et al will want a look at Andy if he does indeed make it as it will be his first time home since he deployed in August. However, we'll find time to visit, just let us know asap so we can plan! ;)
"Inspect and select",are you sure that's not what the orphans are doing too? I think mine did. LOL
Post a Comment