It has been a wonderful day here at Lily. In Mexico they seem to have many celebrations or holidays...and Children's Day is April 30th. Several local churches and businesses have decided to throw parties for the children. So, throughout this week, there will be plenty of candy, pop and cake. Do you know what that does to 130+ children? I do. I believe my choice to stay up in the new girls dorm is wise...a great escape from the hyper activity. Tonight the children were especially adorable because some had their faces painted and I did NOT have my camera. But, let me describle the sweet faces. They had beautiful glitter paint in bright colors over their dusty little smiles. You would see their big bright eyes, lots of glitter and color and their big teeth. Hey...speaking of teeth, little Armondo lost his front tooth! I'm going to download his pic tonight and put it at the top. It is worth a thousand words!
Jackie had a bloody lip today, Karlelly spilled her pop all over along with about 20 other kids, two little boys were duking it out, and lots of kids were drenched with sticky sweat...but I can't help but wrap my arms around them and smother them with hugs and kisses. "Then the King will say to those on His right hand, "Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I ws thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me. Then the righteous will answer Him saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' And the King will answer and say to them 'Assuredly I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethern, you did it to me." (Matthew 25:34-40)
1 comment:
Linda, Thanks so much for the great pictures. I only wish I could be there to see the kids in person. I'd love give them hugs and kisses for myself, but you can fill in for now. When I asked you to do that for me, did I mention it be done daily? It looks and sounds like the kids and Ed and Rosa are doing well. The kids are growing up though. Please give my love to Lorena and everyone else and we'll keep praying. Rog
Post a Comment