A picture in Mama & Papa{s office
Philipe loves his job as mechanic.
Our princess dog.
Tias...Mica & Celsa
Nohema making cinnamon rolls with the crew. I watched to see what she was doing wrong. I told her yeast does not like boiling water. That is a good start! And...there is a difference between yeast and baking powder.
My bread machine! Notice the sweat...it was hot out anyways!
Last night I treated all us August birthday babies to ice cream. How fun!
Scrambled eggs in process. Yummy! My hands are still burning from chopping all those peppers. At home I wear gloves...here I just try to be tough. OUCH!!!
The morning ritual...giving the bus a drink of water.
Karla, Celsa, Andrea dn Esayla
Javier enjoying another sucker!
Samuel loves getting his picture taken...not!
The drinking water faucet has a few leaks!
Flies...flies...flies
A couple of boys came to help Nohema and me run some errands. Alberto loves gadgets.
At the gas station the attendent tried to open the blue van hood to check the oil. Not a good idea with our vehicles...because the hood wouldn{t open or shut.
Nohema does it all...what can I say???
Pablo resting in the shade with his buddy.
Lice check...a matter of life. Always makes my head itch!
I love Carlos!
I{ve had fun making PB & J sandwiches with the stuff Fred and Roger left. The kids sure do enjoy them! For some it was a first.
Ana loves animals!!!
Ah....Armondo!
These beautiful clouds bring storms each night. It has been refreshing!
Ramon enjoying a sucker...thanks to Cricky!
Tonito displaying his school work!
Pictures of the new boys dormitory...
The dining hall...very beautiful
Kitchen
Wash room
...eating area
More of the boys dorm.
The flowers are bonita!
Gary...Sam says he is ready for you to teach him more!!!
The new boys dining hall..from the outside
The outside of the boys dorm.
The dining hall entrance.
2 Lily angels
Lupita and Gabby
Cielo with her band-aid
Cielo and Briza
Aldama residential section.
Jennifer, Silvia & Maggie on their way to school.
All of Andreas work to get these huge shoes on tuckered her out!
Another Lily angel.
A happy Lorena
Ruby on duty!
Look at these HIGH tops!
It took her awhile before she asked for help.
Lorena on kitchen duty.
A full van to High School and Jr. High
Belem and Johana
Samuel is getting a trim.
The owner of one of the internet places I frequent. We{ve had good talks about God.
Antonio with birthday cake on his face.
They loved the cake!
Mark having a last minute talk with Yazmine before leaving.
Our kitchen...waiting for the cookies to bake.
The night before last...beans and hot dogs. Delicious!
Haircuts anyone? I passed this time.
Most of the hot dogs come with pastic wrapped around them.
Our sugar was low...but since we went shopping with all the food money you generously donated...we{re doing great! Thank you, Jesus!
The boys love to help with cookies too!
My hand mixer!
YUM! Isn{t Ruby beautiful!!!
It was fun!
Getting the pan ready for the beans.
.
Javier...before his new hair cut.
It{s cookie time...picking out the bugs. Yuck!
The left-over bugs and worms...
Ruby, Chewy and Marsela
“But I am trusting you, O LORD, saying, “You are my God!” My future is in your hands.” Psalm 31:14
From yesterday...
Today Mark and Jean left and it makes me think of Saturday when I must leave. My heart is broken, because I love the children and staff here. It is my work…where my soul longs to be. God knows everything and I am trusting in Him. We are waiting for the sale of our house and our business so we can come to stay. Until then, I will wait on the Lord.
The past couple of days have been very special because I have had the opportunity to get to know most of the new children…and they’re so special! Who am I that I should have the privilege of a child opening up their heart to me? Their kisses are so sweet…and I love it when they hold out their hand for me to grasp. I am able to embrace these beautiful gifts that God has given us for a few more days! I love it when they call my name; the way their eyes sparkle when you smile at them. When they crawl on my lap and I am able to hold them close I feel as I am embracing God Himself. I cherish each moment. I almost feel like I am cheating by being here because I love it so. Sure there are tough times, but it’s all about the children and ministering to them. This morning I was overcome with some odors that about did me in, but God helped me to look into the beautiful brown eyes of that child and love her anyway. Are they dirty? Sometimes. Are they sweaty and hot? Yes. Are they naughty sometimes? Yeah…and so am I. These children would not have planned on an orphanage stay…if given the choice for their life. But, God brought them here from horrid circumstances and we have the chance to be their mommy and daddy…even if it is for a short time. We are given the opportunity to show them God’s unconditional love and teach them about Him. Pretty cool. Jesus, thank You, for this honor. What would be the coolest thing is to see them go into good solid Christian homes where they can grow up with a mommy and daddy that will cherish them and continue to show them God’s unconditional love. Adoption is Matthew 25:35-40 action. Pretty simple. What is your cost? Time, money, sleepless nights, …pretty much everything. I love the way Amy Carmichael says it, “To any whom the Divine Hand is beckoning: count the cost, for He tell us to, but take your slate to the foot of the Cross and add up the figures there.”
This morning Belem gave the morning devotionals and did a great job. Mama and Papa were very proud of her. She has become a great leader. Keith and Becky…you’re getting a real treasure!
Tonight I will be working with Nohema to help her master the cinnamon rolls. Apparently she is doing something to kill the yeast…so I’m going to watch closely. First we are going to have to get more sugar…preferably without flies.
An cosmetology academy came over last night for haircuts. I passed. Fool me twice, shame on me!!!
Don’t really know what’s going on with the water situation. Last night when I got in the shower I had plenty of water until I got soap all over me and it quit. Jean said both her and Mark had lots of water. I’m wondering if someone is playing a joke on me…I certainly don’t deserve it. Hah! This might require some investigation.
Update: The sister to the blood mother of April is willing to take me to her. Papa said he will arrange the trip. Please pray about this. Don’t know when it will happen…but I am ready…with the Lord’s help!
I love my WILD God! “…my shelter, tower of refuge and strength!
Today...
I’m going to keep writing…in case I can make it into the internet…and then I’ll just post it all together. It’s a busy morning with a staff meeting, the usual school runs, milk pick-up and various other errands. I am hoping to catch a ride into school to the cafĂ© while they are picking up some kids from school and hoping to catch a ride home by another school run. We’ll see. Oh yeah, not to mention that this is Mama and Papa’s day off…so hopefully I won’t be stranded. After school I am hoping to go to Chihuahua and talk with April’s blood mother (Christina). I am taking Belem to help translate…but please pray for the gift of tongues. I need to be able to communicate. Also I will be driving in rush hour traffic in Chihuahua…a first for me. Please don’t be confused by our carefully laid out plans and how they often don’t happen. This is a part of Mexico. Every day I make up a ‘wish-list’ and it is a rare day when I cross everything off…in fact, don’t know if the total list has ever been totally accomplished down here. But that is OK. God is in charge and I trust Him. It’s hard to not let the urgent take the place of the important.
It was fun making cinnamon rolls again. Actually I watched Nohema to see what she was doing wrong. There were a few small things…but I think she has it down now. The kids just gobble these thing up…it’s amazing to me. How fun! I think the anticipation of preparing and baking them is almost more thrilling than the taste. They love it!
We are in desperate need of a bilingual teacher. Please help us pray for one. She would be in charge of the homework after school.
Well, most of the vehicles are now up and running. The blue van, white van, green car, Ford Ranger and Mercedes are all running at the moment. The IHC bus is down…maybe for the last count. The generous check from Mass. has been a tremendous help with transportation! Thank you, Jesus! The blue van has the back windows out and it has a death rattle…something serious but God provides.
Oh yeah…the walk-in cooler is running…not real cold…but running. Now it is filled with food and the pantry shelves are full. The FBC kids took up a special VBS offering and it purchased a lot of food along with many other donations! God, you are so faithful!
Tomorrow afternoon at 1:00 is an important time with the Hernandez adoption. The first judge will be hearing the case. Please help us pray about this. Also Alex and I will be trying to find out where all the other cases are at with Theresa gone. We need wisdom and favor with this new lawyer.
I’ve only got 1 more day after today to love on these kids. They crave hugs and kisses. God, give me wisdom to spend my time wisely! I want to arrive in Michigan all kissed and hugged out…if that is possible…until I see my Prince!
I don{t have time to proof this at all. Please forgive me. Gotta catch a ride!!!
5 comments:
Oh, Linda, what a heart for God and the children of Lily you have. Continuing to pray.
i love the pictures! i love armondo. I miss him so much! thanks for all the posts :)
I don't know if you'll see this before you head back to Michigan...but I'm praying for your last day. My stomach is in knots for you b/c I know that leaving is the hardest thing. Praise God for His blessings on this trip! Hope to chat with you soon. (I have a fun little bit of information for you, and no, it's not that I'm moving to Lily. That would be a huge bit of information.)
Linda, Thanks for the pic of Lorena smiling. I've had a lump in my throat the last couple of days because she has looked so sad to me. I really needed to see her smiling.
You spoke of God's unconditional love for us and that's something I wanted to talk to Lorena about. Our love for her is unconditional as well. Once she's a child of ours, she will always be a member of our family just like Stacie, Chan and Ramon. Please let her know that if you get a chance.
Thanks for loving our kids. Rog
P.S. Oh--about Frenchie and your snoring thing, I may have been reading his mind and possibly put words in his mouth. I'm not sure.
Hi you do not know me, but I know Mary Ellen and Lauren and have been to Lirio quite a few times. My name is Ashley and Im from dallas, tx. I love reading your blogs and seeing all the pictures of the kids. I miss them so much and am so thankful to see them all from your blog. Who knows maybe some day we will get to meet down in Aldama. God Bless you for all you do for those kids and the love you show them, as they need it so bad!
Post a Comment