Who cares about manners when you´re gulping down spaghetti???
You can tell Margarita really enjoyed her blue sucker! I have grown to really love this girl. Her sister is now too old to be adopted...and so that also ruins Margarita´s chance as well. If you only knew how disappointing this is to the children. I have cried many tears over this.
Tio Santos has a real interest in playing the guitar. I am hoping Samuel will be able to teach him. Hey Pastor Ben...you started this spark of interest!!! The kids really miss you and look forward to your music again!!! So do Gary and I!!! Thanks for your big heart for God.
Irwin...a new boy. He has been here at least 2 other times...along with his brother, Caesar. Unfortunately they keep on making bad decisions and running away. They keep asking to come back...so I am praying that they will be sincere.
Another problem with leaking water at the ´bomba´. Gary and Santana keep busy with this challenge. The main water supply for all the neighboring houses is our well. So it is used by many people...and our new neighbor across the road is now using water directly out of our tank. It is making it very hard for us at the moment because he is trying to irrigate trees that he has planted...which requires much water.
Briza enjoying her spaghetti!!!
Marcos on his way to school. What a great kid!
Israel...a prince of a young man.
Full bus...
Cielo´s new top tooth is coming in nicely. The only problem will be trying to figure out what twin I´m talking to. The missing teeth situation made it easier!!!
This week Nohema is away on vacation and that means extra work for everyone else. Especially on Mama and Papa's day off. Brenda is shouldering the entire load, but we are doing all we can to make it easier for her. After school and through the entire evening Gary spent his entire time right next to Brenda to enforce any discipline issues. Then, again this morning he was there to help. The kids seemed to think that this was going to be a 'free time' for them with no rules, but their bubble was quickly burst. Kids will be kids...
This morning during breakfast, I saw Marcela and Sergio quickly meet again for a moment and then sit down. I've often wondered what was taking place between this brother and sister interaction but today I discovered their secret. Sergio is a growing boy at the age of 13 and his sister is 11 months older...and I'm sure just as hungry. But, she gives him about half of her food so he won't be so hungry. She is just a little skinny thing herself...but her heart is BIG and she is trying to help her brother. That about melted my heart. Sometimes there are leftovers and the hungry kids can go for seconds...but that usually isn't the case for breakfast. So, I got another glimpse of love this morning.
Today is Briza and Cielo's birthday! They have been announcing to everyone...starting about a month ago... that their birthday was today. They woke up with big smiles on their faces and have soaked in every moment. Also, Mama and Papa bought them each a big Coke to share with their friends in school. At breakfast everyone sang the Feliz Cumpleanos song to them...and they beamed. I am praying that their blood mother will terminate her rights to them so they can celebrate their next birthday in Michigan.
This morning I went with Gary on the bus runs for school. On the way back we passed the big cemetery in Aldama. It always breaks my heart when we drive past there. The shrines on the graves are huge and so much money is put into their burial place...but I am sure that many of them were not prepared to meet God. This main Catholic church in town is at one end of the city square...and it sits...so empty and cold looking. Whenever I walk past the church it symbolizes to me the emptiness of a 'religion' without the personal relationship with God. God is not dead...he is not still on the cross. He is risen! He is alive! He is working in the hearts and lives of people all over the world. God is restoring marriages, restoring families, restoring people and restoring churches with his resurrection power! All we have to do is to invite Him into our life and confess our failures. If we give Him total control over every area of our life, He can take the mess we've created and turn it into something beautiful. It brings a deep peace and joy that you can't understand until you've experienced it. There is a song that the children sing and it goes something like this: "I'm trading my sorrows, I'm trading my shame, I'm trading it all for the joy of the Lord. I'm trading my sickness, I'm trading my pain...I'm laying it all down for the joy of the Lord. Yes, Lord! Yes, Lord! Yes! Yes Lord!...." I don't know how it all works...but I know it does!
This is a time where we talk a little longer to our new friends in the community who are business owners. We've established a great relationship with many of them and now we are saying our goodbyes. Most of them know only broken English...which matches my broken Spanish...but they are expressing interest in learning more English. This morning our friend at the Oxxo asked if I would teach an English class when I return...and I am excited to think about it. It would benefit all of us! So, please help me pray about this. I have been asking God to increase our territory...and maybe this will be a way that many people in town can be introduced to our awesome God. I am pumped!!!
The kids are reminded almost daily of our leaving amongst each other. It has brought about a mixture of reactions. A few of them that we have been close to are suddenly 'mad' at us over some little thing...but we are thinking it might be an easier way for the goodbye...in their eyes. Other children are holding us tighter and longer...not wanting to let go. I have absolutely enjoyed the opportunity God has given us to love on these kids...and the staff. They have embedded themselves deep within our hearts...and we will never be the same. Ok...I need to stop...I can't think about this anymore because I am bawling already.
My plan is to get to my famous internet cafe and publish this blog. I'm writing this on my computer at home...but will upload pics there. I've had a few chances to witness to the workers there...and I am asking God for a few more opportunities. When we return to Mexico...I will be more equipped with Bibles, books and literature to hand out. People are very open to the gospel...and very hungry for it as well. Thank you, Jesus!
Van update: We have just recently purchased a van from the states and it will be delivered next week. Thank you for all your prayer and leads.
I apologize...I was planning on posting around 40 pics...but apparently the settings on my camera were changed...and the pics are too big and they take long to upload. I´ll try to add more pics later after I resize them on my computer. I guess it isn´t too early to pray for a reliable internet for us while we come down again. Gary is now considering a satellite...which may be a costly initial investment. That would only work if we can bring our trailer down since they are VERY EXPENSIVE down here. We need a miracle to keep everyone connected through this blog. I will try to post more pics later. My ride is here. Love you all!
3 comments:
Hope you guys enjoy your last few days there! It is always tough leaving. And the kids will miss you greatly!
I will miss looking at your blog daily. It is always such a highlight of my day to see your posts :)
Give my love to Armondo, Belem, and Marcial!
I am thinking an praying for you guys!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CIELO AND BRIZA!! We love you soooo much!! We know the mail system is a bit unreliable so we will have gifts here and wrapped for either the next group that goes down or maybe we will be there to deliver them personally in the near future. We can only pray.
Linda and Gary please give a couple extra hugs and kisses from us ok? Thinking and praying for you all.
Ohhh...and I must comment on Marcela and Sergio. What a touching story. She has such a sweet spirit and it is very evident that he loves her too. They are the only family (Blood) they have and they take such good care of each other.
Post a Comment