My little cowboys...Armondo and Beto
Another handsome cowboy...Juan Diego!!!
Jazmine gazing out the window. She is a new girl that seems to struggle a lot. I often wonder what she thinks of life...
David...my little prince
It was Karely´s turn to hand out cookies and she was sooooo excited and proud!!!
Alberto ´driving´ the tractor at the milk farm.
The kids love playing at the farm!
Soccer fans!
Saturday night after the game. Hamburgers for everyone!!! It was a real treat!
Javier and Maggie
Daddy´s Girl!!!
Papa´s haircut
Leslie
Cecilia and Silvia...good friends!!!
What a cutie pie!
Is there a mommy who could help brush her hair out?
Alicia missing Terry and the Americano groups!
Marie Elena, Fabiola, Luce, Jacie & Julieta hanging out.
HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!!!
Luce and Brenda...no it´s not war paint...just make-up.
The finished product!!!
Cecilia spent 3-4 days in the boys laundry room when we were short workers and she completely reorganized all the clothes and had everything cleaned and labeled! What a hard worker!!!
Dishes....
Jackie and tio Gary...
Tia Mica talking to Marta on the phone. She really misses her!
Alberto helping to stir up cookies...notice the sweat!
Marcos was glad to take over. Being a mixer is hard work...but they love it!!! The reward is extra cookies!
What is wrong with this picture? Little Fabiola with all this food!
A circle of Lily sisters!
A tired Lesley
Hanging out...Lucia, Silvia and Brenda
Esmerelda and Hortesia playing Tic-Tac-Toe
Terry showing the kids pics from previous visits. They love to see pictures of themselves!!!
Hosea Miguel doing his share of cleaning.
Gary and me at DIF headquarters meeting 2 of their children. It was a good visit!
A tearful Johana telling tio Gary about her soccer accident.
Sometimes we want to hold them forever!
After the health inspector left...it was RELIEF!
Silvia
Jazmine
Yikes...Maria Elena driving???
Michigan team giving the Wednesday night devos.
Tonio cleaning for the Health Dept. inspection.
Karen, Antonio, Ana and Papa
Tio Santo and Catchito
Tonito...the star!!!
David...a great kid!
My little Luis...I love him!
I think it is very appropriate for me to end my last blogging days at the internet cafe...since this is where I had to begin. Apparently the air cards do not receive a strong enough signal when the weather gets hot. So...it´s back to the drawing board. :) I´m OK with that.
Today I rode the Kindergarten bus in so I would have several hours on the internet. I didn´t realize the store wouldn´t open at 9 so I am scrambling to get as many pics uploaded as possible! Hope you enjoy them! An added treat...Andrea sat next to me on the way into town and we snuggled the whole way. The children all looked so cute with their little uniforms on and hair slicked up. It about melts my heart to think about them!
Only 7 more days to talk with the Lily kids about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It´s not a religion or something distant. A relationship with Jesus Christ is personal and life changing. No longer will your life feel empty or void. Insead you will have purpose and discover a love that will never end. That´s what this is all about!
My heart is deeply moved as I watch Mama and Papa care for the children. Some of the children are very easy to love and care for and then there are others that require much effort. In fact, I am amazed at their devoted compassion for them. They have given their whole life...sold earthly possessions, sacrificed comforts and yet they have a deep joy that the world could not explain. There are a few kids that I struggle loving...but they have proved to be an excellent example to me of God´s grace. When I remember the fact that a mighty God loves me, I am humbled and take the ´unloveables´into my arms and hold them tight...all the while thanking my God for putting up with me.
By the way, I mentioned this briefly last time, but we are down vehicles right now. The white van will be officially buried. If anyone has any great leads on a 15 passenger van 1998 or newer, please contact us. lsbeggs@yahoo.com
Last night as Gary was moving our dirty laundry I saw him dancing around with a very unique rythum...perhaps even putting King David to shame. I was quite excited to think that he has developed a new talent with some great moves...but my bubble quickly burst as I realized he was stomping on cockroaches. Ahhh...maybe in heaven. :)
3 comments:
Ah, Linda.
I love that Gary probably has no idea what you write on here and therefore is unaware that his dance moves (or lack of) were mentioned. The bugs are worse in the warm weather for sure.
I love the picture of Carely. Her enthusiasm and confidence in her task are evident. and adorable.
I looove the pictures of the staff girls and teenagers playing around. I how I wish I could visit sooner.
I also appreciate seeing Beto in the kitchen. That boy was always fighting to help with anything sweet.
Enough comments for now. I found myself telling a bundle of stories today, so I'm even more excited about your update than usual.
I'll pray you run into our old internet cafe friends and that they'd be ready to talk about the Gospel. :)
By the time I get finished praying for Ed and Rosa, the kids at Lily, the staff, the stewardess, Silvia's salvation, the van need (Rog is checking on one today), the adoptions (Lorena gets a little extra prayer time), and you guys, not to mention our son and Marta, I have to struggle to remember the rest of my prayer list. Lily is such a huge part of our thought and prayer life. We sometimes feel that we just need to jump in a vehicle and buzz down there. Hmmm...I wonder how that van will get there?
If we had any money left we would buy your house and business as an investment so that you can live at Lily. (I'm writing that hoping that someone with money would take a hint.:)
When the pictures and writings end, so will our means to connecting to Lily. Rog will actually have to go back to "working" at work instead of staring at Lily pictures all day.
We love where your hearts have landed!
Love, Luanne
I cannot believe it is almost time for you to leave! As much as I will enjoy seeing you every Sunday again, my heart aches at the thought of you not being there. To not have that window into Lily is going to be so hard. I won't rush to the computer to see my girls smiling faces...or to see the other kids enjoying things they would normally not be able to enjoy if you were not there. You are such a huge part of things down there. All of your pictures and words just bring me right back there. Sometimes I just close my eyes and I can almost hear the kids laughter and singing.
We love you all very much and are praying daily for all of you!
Post a Comment