Enjoying time with Alex and his family.
Me with Alex's precious daughter, Judith. She will be 3 on June 24th (the same day as my curly haired daughter!)
Alex and his beautiful wife, Zulema.
I don't like vampires, but I love the look on Jackie!
A very handsome little guy!
Pool Pics!
Ana!
More dead cactus! So sad.
Nancy was dressed up in winter garb for the pool party. It was well over 100 degrees in the van. Don't know how she did it!
Lovebirds! Abuelos!!!
Gary...these are the trees you never thought would grow! Amazing!!!
New dining hall at the girl's dorm is under construction.
Here is a pic of the high tech girls dorm. SOLAR PANELS...thanks to the Mexican gov't.
Gabby
Random things in a Lily van dashboard...
The girls waited in the HOT van for about 15 minutes before we actually left. They were VERY excited!
A wind storm took down the neighbor's cement wall awhile ago. After seeing how they attach the roof beams, you can see why a roof was missing!
Dead cactus from the BIG winter freeze.
Adeline helping with the garden...getting hoses to water it.
Javier
Manuela
Nancy
So cute! Playing house.
Alexandra
Frozen prepared food that we gave away to other orphanages. Lily really needs another freezer desperately.
Our miracle boy, Elioseo
Some of the frozen prepared meat. Yummmm
Jazmine
Marcos and Esther
Girl Time!
Ana Karen
Tonitos!!!
Jose Edwardo & Rosaleo
Cacho will be 18 or has turned 18! Unbelieveable!!! Ana Karen is 20. WOW!!
An adorable Tonito.
A cute Jackie. So glad they are still here. Lily would not be the same without her little (BIG) raspy voice.
A full pantry
Poor bird amidst all the noise!
Double trouble! =)
The boys have so much fun with this tireless contraption.
Casey and Brisa
My bed is now moved away from the wall after realizing that spiders do climb up the walls. Tia Lidia told me that is why her bed is away from the wall. YIKES!!!
Belem and a can of Tia Lidia's hairspray to the rescue. DEAD SPIDER!!! Yay!
He was not invited! At least it was not a tarantula this time.
At 8:30 in the evening in my room, this is what my thermometer reads. By morning it cools down to 73...which is perfect!
Selah, grandma is still wearing the bracelet you made me! It is very special to me for 2 reasons. One reason is because YOU made it for me and the other reason is that I love what the charm on it says: BEST FRIENDS!!!
Israel
Cielo and Brisa
Pink tennies! Love em!
Lupita helping out with a younger girl's hair.
This morning's breakfast: Beans with spinach and a corn tortilla egg mixture. Yum
It must be dress day!!!
Alex's cute daughter, Judith!
I brought the book, "In Light of Eternity" by Randy Alcorn with me to Lily. It is while I live among these precious children that Jesus seems to speak clearly to my soul...or perhaps it is while I am here that I listen more intently. I must confess that it is the latter. When I am 'home' in Michigan LIFE happens. My view of eternity is blurred by schedules, appointments and routines. The author begins the book by saying, "Our enemy slanders three things: God's person, God's people, and God's place--heaven. After being forcibly evicted from heaven (Isaiah 14:12-15), the devil is bitter not only toward God, but toward us and the place that's no longer his. (It must be maddening for Satan to realize we're now entitled to the home he was kicked out of.) What better way for demons to attack than to whisper lies about the very place God tells us to set our hearts and minds on (Colossians 3:1-2)?" When I am at Lily, heaven becomes more real. It is not because of danger (in fact, it is safer here today than in previous years.) But, it is my desire to find a forever home for everyone. I love happy endings! Adoptions in Mexico are restricted by age. But, in heaven...there are no limitations. When we surrender our lives to Christ, we become a child of God and we will have a great FOREVER home He has prepared for us. This book reminded me of the fact that Jesus grew up as a carpenter's son. He knows all about building...and when the Bible says that He is going home to prepare a place for us, we should be excited because He knows how to build!!!
Have I mentioned that the weather here is beautiful? Then, to top it off, I was asked to take the Jr. High-High School age girls to a water park for 3 hrs with Adeline. She drove, I just was there for support. What a chore that was! I lounged in the shade, listening to the the laughter and chatter of girls playing in the pool. Nearby there were several families grilling meat on the grill and the birds were chirping away. I was reading my book and thanked the Lord for the good day.
Now, for the exciting news. My meeting with Alex went very well. I was encouraged to see how God is moving. The present government has it's new set of rules, but God is softening hearts and raising Alex up to find favor with them. Alex is now in contact with the Federal Government of Mexico...not just the state government and they he has established good repore with his contacts. I will be talking with Ed and Rosa once they return to discuss the possibility of future adoptions from Lily. I need to update them on some turn of events and see if their hearts might to open to this.
Things are progressing well with the Fessenden adoption and the Lopez adoption. There were some huge glitches but they are both back on track again. Please help us pray specificially that Judge #4 would be the judge to take these two adoption cases. He has been the judge for all our adoptions so far and is very familiar with the situations involved.
A very ironic situation happened the past week here at Lily. As you know, we (all you who donated) purchased meat for Lily. Their freezers were full. Then, a store that sold prepared meat items, was shut down and they donated all their surplus inventory to Lily. They gave us a temporary freezer for a couple of days but needed it back yesterday morning. So, we were left with boxes and boxes filled with frozen meat and dinners. Then, because it is Holy Week, the donation center was closed yesterday and today, so they called Lily to ask us to pick up all their donations since their distribution centers would be closed. To make a long story short, we were bursting at the seams with bread, milk, meat, fruits and vegetables. The fun part of the story was that we called several other orphanages, nursing homes and private homes of people who were in need of food. They arrived throughout the day and we loaded up their vehicles! It was such a blessing to give. Our freezers are still filled with the food I purchased and some of the extra donations we kept. It was fun to see how God uses Lily to care for others around us. Lily has much because they give much.
I am noticing more and more children who are gone. I need to ask if it is because they are on spring vacation with relatives or if they are in a different orphanage. I'll try to keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment